Confession Left Hanging

BTW, I have a section in my intro chapter about some upcoming shots, tell me what you think.

DDLC trigger warning

-----
"Is everything all right?" Ruby questioned.

You had called her to a private meeting to confess your feelings.

"Ruby, I love you."

You had hoped that she would accept. You had feelings for her since you first met and became good friends.  The only reason you are confessing is because Yang hinted her sister's feelings for you. She and Blake assured you that you would get an answer.

But instead, you saw the shock and horror on Ruby's face, as if she did not want to talk to you

"I'msorryIcan'tdothis!!" She yelled before speeding down the hallway in a red blur.

You continued to look towards where Ruby had ran, not realizing your overflowing tears and the growing ache in your chest.

Fortunately, there were witnesses. Blake and Yang had watched the whole scene.

"Why would she do that?!" Yang questioned yelled. She was upset with her sister for running away like a child.

She and Blake then watched you turn and sadly walk away.

"I'll go check on him." Blake stated as she moved out of her spot to go after you. Yang nodded and started moving towards where her sister had ran.

Blake followed closely behind you. She had called your name several times but you ignored her.

It wasn't until you reached your room that you were forced to confront her. As you tried to open your door, Blake blocked your path.

"(y/n) please talk to me." Blake pleaded as she stood between you and the door.

You fired back with a simple question.  "Are you having a nice day?"

"What?" Answered Blake. 

"Are you having a nice day? Because I am." You continued. You formed a crooked smile and you still had tears in your eyes.

Blake frowned as she could tell how much pain you were in.

"The love of my life hates me. How could this day get any better?" You cried. 

"I'm sorry Ruby didn't give you an answer but please don't give up." 

To your surprised, she got out of your way.

"I'll give you some time to yourself but I'm checking on you tomorrow."

You nodded before stepping in and shutting the door behind you. You leaned against the door, listening as Blake's footsteps got further away. All the while, you grasped your chest as the ache continued to intensify.

This pain, it won't stop.

You trudged over to your desk. Along the way, you started to scratch at your neck.

Once you reached your desk, you opened the top drawer and rifled through your stuff. It was mostly survival stuff; flashlights, tape, matches but there was one item you were looking for.

The girl I love hates me.

You froze as you finally uncovered it, rope.

As you grabbed the rope, you started to smile.

I just want it to end.

Meanwhile in Team RWBY's dorm room...

"I thought you liked him!" Yang yelled at her sister. Ruby cowered under her bed sheets. She was getting scolded for running away.

"...I do...I liked him since I first met him..." She muttered.

"Then why did you run away? He looked heartbroken!" Yang snapped. 

Upon hearing the latter part, she moved out of the sheets and looked at her sister with worry.

"I-Is he alright?" 

Yang shook her head. "I don't know. Blake went after him. Something that you also need to do." 

Ruby pondered for a moment. Her emotions were all over the place but realizing that she might of hurt you was enough to spur her to action. She got up from the bed and started heading for the door but before she could reach it, Blake opened it and entered. 

"How's (y/n)?" Ruby worriedly asked.

"Fine I think. He just needs some time to himself."

Still, Ruby wanted to see you and sort everything out. She tried to make her way out but Blake blocked her path.

"Where are you going?" She questioned.

"Talk to (y/n)." Ruby answered back. Blake frowned. 

"You should talk to him tomorrow. So that you both have time calm down." She carefully reasoned. Yang also agreed.

Reluctantly, Ruby was forced to accept it.

The next day...

Ruby stood nervously outside your door. She glanced to her side, seeing Yang and Blake down the hallway staring at her. They were there to make sure she properly answered you this time.

She knocked on the door a few times but she heard no response.

"(y/n)?" She called. She wasn't sure if you were in there.

She looked back at her teammates and they motioned for her to continue. 

"I'm sorry for running away."  She said as she looked down.

"I ran because you surprised me. I didn't think you felt that way about me."

She grabbed the end of her skirt and looked up at the door.

"The truth is that I..." She hesitated but steeled herself to see it through.

"I love you too." She exhaled in relief and she was glad you feel the same way about her.

Yet, there was still no answer.

"(y/n)?" She called out with some concern. 

She knocked again but there was still no answer from you. She placed her hand on the doorknob and twisted it. She found that it wasn't locked. 

"(y/n), I'm coming in." She warned.

She gently opened the door...