Ghostly Valentines

Ghost Ruby, Haunted Reader

Late Valentine's Day special (This was meant for 2020)

"Jump Scare" warning

-----

Valentine's Day, the day of love and chocolate. A day when couples show their love for each other...but not you. 

Instead, you were moving into your new house on the outskirts of Patch, not very romantic on this romantic day. The previous owners said something about the place being haunted and with them desperate to sell, you picked it up for a low price.

You opened the door to your new home and walked in carrying a box of your things. 

Suddenly, the air turned cold. You were sure the heater was working fine, you could actually hear it running. You could feel the air shift around you as if disturbed by something. Then a scratching noise coming from behind.

You turned around.

"Boo."

And there floated a black hair, red tipped girl in a black long-sleeve dress with a red cloak. She was also slightly transparent.

You blinked a few times and the girl did as well. Then you stuck your hand through her.

"Is this a prank?" You wondered aloud as you moved your hand through her. The girl looked surprised by your unfazed reaction.

"You're not scared?" She asked, confused. You shook your head.

The girl huffed before closing her eyes and pulling her hood up. The room grew even colder as the lights started the dim and flicker. The girl suddenly grew larger, her form turning ghastly as she towered over you. Her lips formed into a twisted, inhuman smile as she opened her eyes, gazing at you with her glowing silver orbs.

 Her lips formed into a twisted, inhuman smile as she opened her eyes, gazing at you with her glowing silver orbs

"hOW aBouT NoW?" She said, in a piercing distorted voice.

You looked at her for a moment, blinked and answered back.

"Nope."

She looked at you for one moment before suddenly turning back to normal. 

"Oh man! This has never happened before!" She whined, back at a more pleasant voice.

The ghost explained who she was. 

Ruby Rose, she was a previous owner who happened to die in her sleep. She apparently became a ghost because she was holding onto some regret, thus couldn't move on to the afterlife. And was unable to leave the confines of the household and took to scaring away house owners like ghosts usually do.

You were a bit torn. You bought the house for a good price and its location is very good but you wanted to live alone. Though, even though she was dead, you had to admit she looked pretty cute...