Watching You Sleep

It was the middle of the night as you awoke. Your hand wandered, feeling a tuft of hair, you stroked and patted calmly. 

Hair that belonged to your lovely girlfriend, Ruby Rose.

You first met her at Beacon from Yang actually. You were classmates with Yang from Signal and was part of the crowd that "abducted" her. Unlike everyone else though, you stayed behind to converse with Ruby and you became her first friend that day.

During her journey to Mistral, you caught up to her and later asked her out which she happily accepted.

It now became a regular thing to sleep together at night.

As you ran your fingers through Ruby's hair, you sighed happily at the warm and soothe feeling. You turned your head to the side as you prepared to fall back asleep. 

You froze when you saw something that shouldn't be there.

Two red orbs. 

Eyes.

Eyes, gazing at you.

Eyes glaring at you.

You started to panic as those red eyes only came about when Yang became angry.

Yang Xiao Long. While it was still night, the moonlight shone through the window and you could make out Yang's features. She was standing several feet away from the bed.

You felt Ruby shift. She pushed herself up, her head moving to get into the crook of your neck.

She rested against you and sighed comfortably as her arms hugged you, still remaining asleep.

Despite that, you never broke eye contact from Yang's. She was still glaring at you. She didn't react in response to Ruby though.

You gulped as your eyes became dry. You would have to blink and you were scared that once you did, Yang would attack.

Knowing you couldn't hold out, you hugged Ruby tight and prayed for the best as you shut your eyes.

And nothing happened. 

After several moments you peeked an eye open. Yang remained the same, still ominously glaring at you.

Then you started thinking, perhaps Yang was sleepwalking. 

Unfortunately, there was no present way for you to test that theory with Ruby sleeping comfortably atop you.

So until dawn broke, you remained awake, occasionally looking at Yang who remained standing and glaring.

When dawn did break, you were surprised to see Yang just turn around and leave your room. With that, you could finally relax and had a few minutes of sleep until Ruby woke up and subsequently woke you up with a kiss.

With a tired groan, you squeezed her before letting go as she hopped off you and the bed.

After some time, you and Ruby got dressed and left the room. 

You both saw Yang squatting up and down in the living room.

"Are you okay?" Ruby questioned. Yang paused momentarily to shrug.

"I don't know. My legs have been feeling sore. It's like I've been standing all night."

You coughed at her words, getting weird looks from the girls.

For the rest of the day, you didn't bring up what happened. You did observe Yang but she did not act strange or unusual. 

And that night it happened again. You stayed up for some time and sure enough your door opened and Yang entered.