Forgetful

Deeply Inlove Reader

-----

You took a deep breath as you walked through the streets. A festival was in town and you wanted to see it with a special someone.

And in the distance you could see her. A woman wearing a red hood but she wasn't alone. Beside her, she was holding the hand of a little girl.

You swallowed as you knew who she was.

Ruby Rose, leader of team RWBY. A wife. A mother.

To say that you were in love with her would be an understatement. You had known her since the first year you attended Beacon. You were the in courtyard and heard an explosion. When you investigated, you saw her and became her first friend. The rest was history.

You don't remember her wedding. You were sure you were there but were too numb by the fact that Ruby was getting married. You've seen the many pictures of the event and the added fact of seeing Ruby in her beautiful wedding dress brought you to tears.

Even the birth of her daughter. You were there for it but could barely remember the event. The only thing you remembered was the joy on Ruby's face when she held her newborn daughter. You could see so much of her in her daughter.

You weren't as strong or as skilled as her. You felt as if you didn't deserve to love her.

She was a mother and wife. She was already promised to someone and had their child.

But you had enough. You couldn't keep your feelings bottled up any longer. You were going to ask her out to the festival. To tell her how you really felt. Even if she was a wife and a mother, you hoped you could stand by her side.

"Ruby." You called out to her. She turned towards you. Her face showing her confusion.

"If it is no trouble to you, w-would you like to see the festival with me. If you want..."

She was speechless and the little girl beside her looked up at you with wide-eyed with curiosity. You stood nervously, awaiting her answer.

You dreaded that she would say no. That she would reject you and your feelings. That all your effort had been for nothing. That you would have to commit suicide, unable to live with the fact that you could not be by her side.

Ruby's shock gave way to joy as she started to laugh, her cute laughter which made you fall in love with her all over again.

"(y/n)..." She giggled. You froze in anticipation.

"We're married!"

With her free hand, she grasps yours and starts walking to the festival.

"Mom, why is dad acting weird?" Your daughter questioned along the way.

Ruby Rose (l/n), your wife and mother to your daughter. You were glad you could stand by her side.