Elopement

Ozpin carefully took a sip from his mug as his head tried to process what had just been asked of him.

"Mr (l/n). Ms Rose. Can you please repeat that?"

"We want to get married Professor." You and Ruby stated loudly, your hands intertwined as you nervously asked the headmaster. A blush on both your faces while Ozpin was bewildered at the request.

"That is an...interesting request. Tell me, why you two have chosen marry so young?"

You stepped up to explain. "After the breach, we realized how dangerous the world is. And by becoming huntsmen, we would have a dangerous job fighting Grimm."

It was only half true. After the Breach, you questioned your girlfriend about what had happened during the mission and managed the squeeze out the fact that she had been temporarily taken captive by the White Fang. She assured you that nothing happened to her but overwhelmed by fear and imagination of what might have happened to her, you demanded she marry you. And much to your shock, she immediately said yes.

"I love Ruby and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I want to fight by her side, so that we can always protect each other." This was honestly your reasoning. If you were by her side, you could protect her and she would never be hurt or kidnapped.

"So we want to get married." You finished.

Ozpin nodded and he respected your motives. Still, he wondered if this was a rushed decision of passion rather than one with thought.

"I admire your devotion but why not wait until graduation?" He questioned.

Ruby responded this time. "That's too far away. If anything happens, we want no regrets."

Despite your initial demanding of it, Ruby truly wanted to marry you. You tried to backtrack but you couldn't deny her after bringing the opportunity up.

Ozpin nodded his head in understanding. His many lifetimes had taught him much about regret. However, his mind settled on the girl's uncle and knew he would not approve.

"Ms Rose, why not tell your family about the matter? I'm sure they would want to be part of this important occasion."

You flinched. You had yet to meet Ruby's uncle and father but you already knew Yang hated your guts just because you were Ruby's boyfriend.

"I know they won't approve but I don't care." Ruby replied as she hugged your arm.

"I don't want them to stop me from loving (y/n). I love him and I want to be with him."

You blushed and were touched by how much Ruby was willing to go just to be with you. Even if it meant upsetting her family.

For a few moments there was silence as Ozpin pondered. He wondered if granting your request was a good idea. He commended the fact at how far you two were willing to go but he knew it would cause problems later such as certain drunk uncle...

You and Ruby stood nervously awaiting his acceptance. Unsure if he would, Ruby decided to add more. Something that Ozpin himself had told her recently.

"You told me during the dance that I can't spend my entire life on the battlefield. " He had said those words and believed them.

"You're right and I want to spend it with (y/n)."

This was enough to give Ozpin pause and with it, he saw no reason to deny you and Ruby.

"Very well."

And with that, Ozpin was going officiate the wedding.

Timeskip to the wedding night...