Regretful Enable

Ruby hummed happily as she lined up her wrench. She was alone in her dorm room, free from distractions as she worked on Crescent Rose at her desk.

And then the door opened and her sister walked in.

Yang had a wide grin as she gave a quick greeting to her sister. Ruby could only give a quick "Hi" before Yang ran over, quickly opened the closet and started to go through clothes.

Ruby watched as her sister was previewing outfits on herself. There was only one conclusion she came to.

"You're going out?"

Yang blushed as she turned to her sister with an outfit in each of her hands.

"Yup, (y/n) is taking me to this new restaurant that just opened."

Upon hearing your name, Ruby frowned and looked back at her weapon.

"Oh...okay..."

Yang noticed something wrong. Or rather, she'd been picking up on it. For a while now, she's noticed her sister being more quiet and reserved. And it definitely started a week ago...

"Everything okay?" Yang asked as she approached her sister. Ruby took a quick glance at her sister before looking back.

"It's nothing..."

But Yang knew it wasn't nothing. For a week ago was when she started to date you...

"Ruby, do you have feelings for (y/n)?" Yang asked. She could see her sister flinch and start to fidget uncomfortably.

"I..."

Yang knew what she had to do. Her sister wasn't always open with her deeper feelings and she needed to firmly confront this.

"Ruby, please be honest with me."

Ruby could only look downward, ashamed at her own feelings. Guilty about how she felt towards her sister's boyfriend. She sighed as she knew there was no way out except finally saying it.

"Yes...I love him. I wanted to confess to him but..." She started to trail off.

Yang sighed. "But I got to him first."

Ruby nodded as Yang scratched her head. She always thought about a situation like this. Both having feelings for the same person. And it would have been easier if she wasn't already in the relationship, because she would absolutely support Ruby.

But now, Yang couldn't do that now because she loved you. From the way you spoke to the simple things you did that made her laugh. Yang loved you and she fell even more in love with you as the week went on.

Still, she didn't want her sister to live with regret.

"Sis, you should still confess to him."

Ruby was surprised to hear this and she looked at Yang.

"Really?"

"You won't be able to move on until you really do."

Yang had her fair share of rejections. And some of them were from people already in relationship, just she wasn't aware of it when she initially asked. And while the rejections always hurt, she always considered it better if she had an answer.

"But...what about you?" Ruby asked back, wondering if it was okay.

"I'm fine with it." She patted her sister's back. "It might hurt but at least you'll have an answer. Instead of feeling like I stole him from you."

The last line resonated because that's exactly how Ruby felt.

She understood that she hadn't said anything to you. She kept her feelings bottled up and she never told anyone, not even her sister. She didn't have any right to ask for this, but Yang was giving her the opportunity she always wanted.