Chapter 32 - Execution

(Y/N) waited anxiously for midnight.

No matter how traumatizing what Yukio did was, at the very least, she could look at the bright side. The other boys would hopefully leave her alone for the rest of the night, though the success of her plan still hinged on Shiro showing up. She prayed that he would still come, worried that her outburst may have scared him off or that the other boys would keep a closer eye on her room. When she thought about it, (Y/N) had no idea how her captors even kept watch over her. She knew there must be security cameras, but was only one of them watching them? Were several of them watching? Was one posted outside her door? Maybe these were all questions she should have found answers to before trying to escape, but the girl also knew she was not about to wait and see what would happen if she stayed.

The seconds ticked by, getting closer and closer to her awaited time.

Finally, after what felt like eons, it was midnight. The teen waited anxiously for Shiro to show. Another couple of minutes passed, and (Y/N) was about to collapse from stress. However, just as she was about to give up on the boy, the door to her room slowly opened, barely making a noise. He shut the door just as silently, and the girl noticed he didn't lock it. There he stood, looking almost as nervous as his captive. His emerald green eyes glanced towards her, then quickly to the ground. He seemed unsure of what to say.

(Y/N) felt a wave of relief wash over her, but she had to keep her guard up. Just because Shiro was kind and timid did not mean he was above caution.

"Thank you for meeting me; I was worried that you wouldn't show."

"Well, I-I did make a promise." Shiro shifted his weight nervously from one foot to the other, still making minimal eye contact with the girl.

(Y/N) wanted more information before acting on anything.

"Is anyone watching right now?" She questioned, sensing the tenseness in her voice, "I just... want to make sure they don't single you out since you're the only one I want to talk to." (Y/N) tried to find a solid justification for her suspicious question, hoping he would buy it.

Shiro's face seemed to light up, now walking towards the captive. "No, no... I made sure of that. I-I'm the one who's supposed to be watching your room right now. Everyone else is asleep. Actually, Yukio's been locked in his room... to learn his lesson." After her comment, the boy was elated to get some alone time with her, clearly growing more sure of himself.

(Y/N) fought against the urge to move away from the boy, giving him a forced smile. Something about his words sent a shiver up her spine. "That's... good." Not knowing what else to say.

The boy nodded happily in response, a small smile adorning his face. Shiro seemed to have his guard down, so (Y/N) decided now was the time to act.

"Shiro, I know you like to read. Would you like to read with me?" The teen asked innocently, trying to play it off best that she could.

Seemingly unable to express his emotions verbally, Shiro nodded quickly. The ravenette's eyes were full of excitement and joy, almost making the girl feel bad for what she was about to do. Almost.

"Could you go and pick one out for me? I trust your opinion." She smiled sweetly at the boy, seeing how easy it was to make him follow along with her plan.

Shiro got off the bed and reached the bookshelf, his back turned to his captive. (Y/N) followed silently, hoping he wouldn't notice. The girl sneakily slid a lamp she had previously unplugged off one of her nightstands. The soft carpet allowed her to noiselessly approach him, bringing the lamp above her head. Shiro was too elated to realize what was happening.

"(Y/N), I think I found the perfect book."

Just before the boy could turn around, (Y/N) brought the lamp down across the side of his head, knocking him out. His body quickly sprawled across the floor, looking lifeless. The girl was worried that she may have done too much damage, but she knew it was now or never. He could wake up any moment and inform everyone else what was happening. She set the lamp down, careful not to make a noise, and headed for the door. Thank God Shiro hadn't locked it.