Chapter 17 - Boys Part 1

(Y/N) nervously checked the time on her phone. It was only a couple of minutes before one o'clock, and the nearer she got to the town square area, the more frazzled she felt. (Y/N) hadn't really thought much of the hangout before that day, but now that she was actually on her way to hang out with them, she didn't know what to expect.

She had never been put in that sort of situation before, so she had no clue how she was supposed to act. (Y/N) wondered whether she would feel left out since all of the boys seemed to know each other fairly well. Not to mention the fact that she would be the only girl there. But she also had gotten to know all of them pretty well, and she didn't think any of them would go out of line. The teen was probably most worried about whether people from her school would see them. The town square was a pretty typical place for teenagers to get together on the weekend, and it wouldn't be out of place for her to spot somebody she knew. (Y/N) didn't mind too much as long as people didn't spread weird rumors about why she was hanging out with a bunch of guys.

As the arcade came into view, (Y/N) could see a small group of people came into her sights as well, and she assumed it was the boys. She looked at her phone once more and was reassured that it was still before one. She quickened her pace slightly so that the boys wouldn't be kept waiting once they caught sight of her.

A few moments later, she could see a hand waving at her. (Y/N) recognized the owner of the wave to be Haruki, and soon the others were waving as well. When she had finally reached them, they all greeted her.

"Hey, guys, sorry for keeping you all." (Y/N) sheepishly said, a smile present on her face.

"It's fine. We got here a bit early anyway." Haruki replied quite quickly.

"Why did you walk here?" Takeo asked with an annoyed expression on his face for whatever reason he may have had right then.

(Y/N) hesitated for a moment, recalling that they didn't know her parents were out of town. "Oh, yeah, my parents are at work right now and I can't drive yet." (Y/N) answered in complete truth. Her parents were at work, even though it was outside the country, and she had not yet learned how to drive.

"You could have just asked us to pick you up, it would have been no problem," Yukio commented as he draped his arm over (Y/N)'s shoulder.

After he said that, he was nudged in the side with Reiji's elbow and was given a sharp glare. (Y/N) had not noticed, as she had immediately stiffened at Yukio's action somewhat affectionate. The other boys didn't seem to enjoy Yukio's flirtatious gesture, and all the boys, even Haruki, narrowed their eyes at him. (Y/N) began to feel a bit uneasy. She especially didn't want to get any closer to the boy that both of her best friends were crushing on. Not only that, but there were no other girls to fall upon for assistance, and a tense aura floated around the group.

"So, what are we doing?" (Y/N) asked a bit timidly, trying to break up any tension.

Yukio removed his arm from her shoulder and stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"We should just go to the arcade first since we're already here," Ryu suggested, and everyone agreed.

After they began to play some games, (Y/N) felt more at ease. Haruki won every single game without hardly trying, and soon it was hard to get any one of them to play against him. (Y/N) thought it was funny to watch Ryu and Takeo duel it out in air hockey and basketball. Reiji mostly stuck with the single-player games, only occasionally playing with Haruki. (Y/N), meanwhile, got coaxed into playing almost every single game with Yukio. But once he had busied himself with something else, she noticed that Shiro had just been standing by himself the majority of the time.