Chapter 13 - Trip

(Y/N) walked quickly in order to get out of that slightly uncomfortable situation. She didn't know why, but she felt as though something with Reiji was a little off. The best she could guess would be that he was opening up to her, but then again, she couldn't know for certain.

Before she could even begin making her way to her next class, she was nearly tackled to the ground by a powerful force. She looked behind her only to see Ayako and Masato standing there with worried expressions etched on their faces.

Ayako was the first to talk, "(Y/N)! Where were you!?" Ayako practically shouted at the (h/c)-haired girl.

Before the inquired girl could even respond, she was quickly interrupted.

"Are you ditching us for another friend group?!" Masato asked in a similar manner to Ayako.

(Y/N) just stood there for a moment, not really knowing how to respond. All she knew was that those two would probably file a missing persons case if she didn't keep contact with them at all times. At this point, (Y/N) could see Itsumi and Keshi coming up behind the concerned duo. (Y/N) then decided to reply.

"I'm not leaving you guys. I️ just had to work on an English project with my partner during lunch." (Y/N) had a calming tone, and the two worried teens in front of her seemed to be almost immediately at ease. Even though, on the inside, she felt like laughing due to the fact there was about a zero percent chance she would leave her friends for Reiji.

"You should have just told us that, (Y/N). Jeez." Masato sighed.

(Y/N)'s face twitched, "You two should have given me a chance." She retorted a bit a sassily. To which both teens simultaneously shrugged.

"What'd they do?" Keshi entered into the conversation with a slightly amused expression on his face.

(Y/N) speedily responded with a whine, "They accused me of ditching you guys! Like calm down, it was one lunch."

"Oh, yeah. Where were you?" Itsumi asked with a small tilt of her head.

"Working on the English project."

"Aren't you paired up with Reiji?" Itsumi asked yet another question.

"Yeah." (Y/N) replied with a nod.

"Who's Reiji?" Keshi inquired with genuine curiosity.

"Ooh, is someone a tad jealous?" Ayako mocked.

Both (Y/N) and Keshi rolled their eyes.

"Reiji is just one of those new boys." (Y/N) responded nonchalantly.

Out of the corner of her eye (Y/N) could see the three others giggling and pointing towards her and Keshi.

"I got to go and get my stuff for next class, but I'll see all of you guys shortly!" (Y/N) said before quickly making her leave to her locker.

(Y/N) walked through students as fast as she possibly could, and it felt as though she could hear the clock ticking as her time to get to class shortened. She definitely didn't want to be late, especially since it was so embarrassing, and Masato and Ayako would probably make a fuss. Unfortunately, as it seemed, (Y/N) making it to class safely was not what fate had in store for her. Before she could even realize what was happening she was quickly sent backward toward the ground.

She squinted her eyes and waited for impact as soon as she felt herself falling. Now even though this was all happening almost too fast to comprehend, (Y/N) could feel someone slightly grasp her fingers. And for that one second, she felt as though she would be quickly saved from her falling doom. But quite the opposite occurred.