Chapter 19 - Drifting

(Y/N) sat in between Yukio and Haruki, who were kind enough to let her sit next to them, and right across from Ryu, while Reiji, Takeo, and Shiro all sat diagonally from her. They sat at a table near the entrance, and when she scanned the rest of the crowded lunchroom, she saw some people staring at her and whispering among their friends, while others just glared at her. (Y/N) tried to spot her typical lunch group, but since she was pretty far from where she usually sat, they were nowhere in sight. She began to feel very anxious about people looking at her, and also because she couldn't help but worry that her friends would think that she had finally left them. (Y/N) had begun to feel like the faith that her friends had in her was beginning to wain, and she dreaded a day when her friends would no longer talk to her. Even if it was unlikely, she couldn't stop her mind from imagining some crazy scenarios. She just wished that she could keep her overactive imagination in control and didn't let her anxieties get to her.

So (Y/N) sat at that lunch table, playing with the hem of her skirt nervously and tapping her feet against the hard, tiled lunchroom floor, as a look of concern slowly crept its way onto her face. She stayed in her trance-like state for a few moments before she was swiftly brought back to reality by a concerned emerald-eyed boy.

"(Y/N), a-are you o-okay?" Shiro asked timidly, worry clearly present in his green orbs.

Almost immediately, her current appearance was brought to the attention of all the boys.

Noticing this, the (H/C)-haired girl nodded slightly and gave a slight smile before replying to Shiro a little shakily, "Oh, sorry. I was lost in thought." She then began digging into her homemade food, trying to avoid any further inquiry from any of the boys. She did not want them to worry about her, it would make her feel much too embarrassed.

They appeared to not completely believe the girl's answer, but they continued on with their normal conversation and banter.

Reiji shook his head. "You really get your head out of the clouds one of these days, (Y/N), otherwise you may end up like Haruki." The blonde jested playfully.

The brunette boy playfully rolled his eyes, "Whatever. At least I have a personality."

Everyone chuckled a little bit, and (Y/N) was brought out of her worried state, which unknowingly made every boy at the table happier as well.

Lunch continued on, and (Y/N) found herself getting to know each boy more and more. For instance, Haruki's favorite place to visit is the lake, Yukio's favorite food is strawberries, Ryu loves to bike, Reiji is fluent in 4 different languages, Takeo apparently has a soft spot for kids, and Shiro has read the Harry Potter series 14 times. She thought it was very entertaining to learn more about everyone, especially when it was something completely unexpected. It was definitely funny when the boys would share secret stuff about each other, even though none of them seemed concerned that (Y/N) now knew, just a bit bashful. They also learned more about (Y/N), and she felt like the center of attention for most of the conversation. Even Takeo and Reiji appeared genuinely interested in the discussion, which she had never really thought possible, mostly because of the uninterested aura they emitted almost constantly.

As (Y/N) sat there, she felt extremely grateful for getting to know all of these boys, even if they did have their quirks. They made her feel welcome in their tight-knit group, and she began to care less and less about what others thought of her, as long as she still could be friends with them. Her eyes were filled with a soft joy, and her face held a small smile.

The boys were happy as well. Not only had they been able to isolate her from others, But she finally seemed to be completely accepting them. The next part of their plan just had to be getting rid of her pesky friends.

Once lunch had ended, (Y/N) stood up quickly and said goodbye to all of the boys before running off to find her friends. Before she could get very far, however, she felt a hand grasp firmly onto her wrist. The girl immediately halted, but soon turned around, only to be met with turquoise eyes. Yukio pulled (Y/N) closer to himself as the girl's cheeks were adorned by a dark blush, and he whispered softly in her ear, his lips tickling her ear.

"I just wanted to confirm that you could come over on Saturday if that works."

(Y/N) just stood there trying to comprehend what exactly was happening as her now red cheeks heated up. She only nodded slightly in response, not really thinking at all if she was even free.

Yukio gave a small smirk, clearly pleased by her answer, and still not backing away from (Y/N). She shook her head slightly and returned to her normal state, looking at Yukio with confused and shocked eyes. Before she could even think, he planted a quick kiss right on her cheek.

Although the kiss was short, it was rather harsh, and (Y/N) could feel the desire being emitted from the boy. Yukio finally created more distance between them, looking at the girl with an indescribable look in his teal eyes. Her confused state even made her fail to see the stares she was getting from many of the students still in the lunchroom, and also forget about the fact that both of her best friends currently liked the same boy.

"See you then, doll." Yukio purred with a wink, causing a blush to once again reach the girl's face.

"Don't do that again." She calmly stated before briskly walking off.

After she went off once more, Yukio returned to his little group of friends, most of which did not seem very pleased.

"That was a little much, Yukio," Ryu stated with a frown clearly on his face, and his eyes slightly narrowed.

Reiji held a scowl on his face before he gave a dark chuckle.

"Keep doing that and we might just lose her," Reiji said jokingly as if it was impossible, which, to all of them, was.

After that, everyone seemed to calm down a little bit. Yukio smirked.

"I mean we'll be the only ones for her to lean on now." The platinum-haired boy spoke cockily.

The others looked at him with confusion present in their orbs.

"W-What do you mean?" Shiro questioned with uncertainty written all over his face.

"Yeah, she still is in touch with her other friends," Haruki commented on the conversation, clearly not knowing what the other male was thinking.

Yukio's smirk grew.

"Not for long."