Chapter 18 - Worry

Ever since hanging out with the boys. (Y/N) began to notice they were around her a lot more at school. She almost never walked alone, as at least one of them was almost always there to accompany her, and all of them talked to her in class more often and in greater quantity. Not to mention she constantly received texts from the group chat.

But (Y/N) noticed that she seemed to be drifting away from her friends. The boys took up all her time at school, and it was almost as if they were trying to keep her away from them. The boys often invited (Y/N) to sit with them at lunch, but (Y/N) knew that she wasn't going to leave her friends hanging.

All (Y/N) knew was that she would never leave her friends for a bunch of guys that she had hardly even gotten to know. Not only that but (Y/N) could sense that more and more girls in the grade began giving her the cold shoulder the more time she spent with any of the guys. But even though many girls seemed to dislike her, she wasn't touched by any of them. (Y/N) didn't know whether Kimi spread the word about how Ryu had "saved" her, or if it was something else, but she was just relieved that she didn't have to worry about being harassed or bullied directly.

(Y/N), however, was starting to feel a bit isolated from everyone else. Because many of the girls straight out ignored her, some of the only girls she talked to were Ayako, Itsumi, and occasionally Emi. Not to mention that most guys that came up to talk to her were either interrupted or driven away by whichever of the boys she was with at that moment.

If she was being honest, the thought that any one of them liked her had crossed her mind, but she didn't want to get her hopes up. They were all attractive and interesting people, whereas she was just an average teenage girl. She wasn't even completely sure of anything with those boys.

So there she sat, thinking over everything that was going on in her life at the moment. (Y/N) had just gotten a call from her parents confirming they would be gone a little longer than expected, and (Y/N) knew that they were probably worried sick for her. Even though she didn't really mind and was staying strong for her parents' sake, (Y/N) couldn't help but sometimes feel lonely after coming home to an empty house every single day.

As (Y/N) looked off into space, she could see a hand wave in front of her dazed face.

"Hello, earth to (Y/N)!"

She blinked and looked over her shoulder to see slightly concerned Yukio.

"Why do you look so worried? It doesn't match your beautiful features." Yukio asked sincerely, and (Y/N) just shook her head.

"It's nothing, I'm just thinking."

The girl had hardly noticed his flirty comments.

Yukio shrugged, "Okay, just making sure you don't get in trouble."

(Y/N) nodded in response as Mr. Kurosawa droned on in the front of the classroom.

When class finally ended, (Y/N) felt so relieved. They were going to have a unit test coming up, so they were reviewing everything they had learned so far. The chemistry class wasn't extremely difficult, it just took some memory.

(Y/N) and Yukio walked out of the class together per the norm, and (Y/N) wasn't at all surprised when Yukio began complaining about how he didn't want to study for everything.

"You won't even have to study that much. The study guide is only three pages." (Y/N) reassured the seemingly stressed white-haired boy.

"I guess." Yukio pouted. He looked at (Y/N) with a sly look on his face. "What if we study together?"

(Y/N) was taken aback by the proposal, but when she thought about it, it really didn't seem like that bad of an idea. Until a certain problem crossed her mind.