Chapter 26 - Anxious

(Y/N) had been up for hours by the time she left for school on Monday. She didn't know why, maybe anxiety, maybe just being worried about what people would say about her, or maybe it was just that weird feeling that she kept having that someone was watching her. The (H/C)-haired girl fumbled nervously with her keys, trying to lock the door while looking back to see if anyone was behind her. No, she shouldn't be this paranoid after a boy said that he likes her, but she should be this paranoid when six boys announce their love for her and threaten to keep her captive in their house. Now that just might freak a person out a tad bit.

It took (Y/N) a little less time to get to school since she walked slightly faster than her normal pace. The teen didn't feel much like starting up a conversation with anyone, so she walked to her math class and was the only one there so far. It seemed that not even Keshi arrived that early to class. She set out her things in her usual seat, getting as settled in as she could since class didn't start for another five to ten minutes.

(Y/N) waited silently, doodling on her paper. She was completely fine sitting by herself until fear struck her core. Someone had just walked in, it was not at all what she had been hoping for. Haruki entered the room, taking his seat to the right of (Y/N).

(Y/N) didn't look over, trying to evade any eye contact for the brunette boy. She fidgeted uncomfortably, deciding whether she should stay or whether she should get up and sneak off to the bathroom. She quickly decided that she would rather have to somewhat awkwardly leave to go to the bathroom than stay in the room with Haruki. As she went to leave the room, a voice interrupted her movement.

"Aw, (Y/N)," she could hear the brunette chuckle playfully, "don't worry, it's not like I'll bite."

(Y/N) did not hesitate after that to leave the room, heading for the bathroom. She quickly skidded into a stall, trying to avoid any and all attention. The teen did not know why, but even in that bathroom stall, she felt as if the boys were still there, waiting to just take her away. Even Haruki, who was one of the most cheerful people that she had ever met had turned on her. It was like she hadn't even met any of them before. (Y/N) just kept thinking that there was nothing they could do to her without getting caught, and none of them were actually dumb enough to try. She took a deep breath and exited the stall, somewhat prepared to take on any challenges that the wretched school day had in store for her.

It turns out that (Y/N) was not at all prepared for what school wrought upon her. The girl was only halfway through the day, and for every class so far she had to sit next to or near one of them. She constantly received strange looks and stares from them. No one else she knew would talk to her for some petty reason or probably just the fact that they didn't want to get involved with her. It was nice to see Keshi in math, but the teacher almost wrote her up for talking to him for about 0.002 seconds. And, and that point, it was lunch time, an ultimate low. Her plan was to sit with Keshi and work things out with Itsumi and Ayako with him, but he was no where in sight.

Her stomach felt all tingly and tight, and not at all in a good way. (Y/N) could not find anyone that she thought she could talk with, especially since she was not one to start up some random conversation with someone she barely knew.

A certain group of boys caught (Y/N)'s attention, and her stomach tightened further to the point where she felt as though she was going to throw up. They were all staring at her, giving her creepy looks, and whispering amongst themselves, even though it only seemed that half of the group was there. The (H/C)-haired teen could no longer stand to wait for Keshi, she bolted from the lunchroom, receiving odd glances from other students as she tried to find somewhere that she could get away from everyone and seek refuge. None of the nearby classrooms were open, and the girl highly doubted that there would be much peace in one of the girl's bathrooms.

A set of stairs caught her (E/C) eyes. (Y/N) slowed her pace to a normal walk and headed away from the main hallways of the building to what she assumed to be the roof. She soon reached a door and quickly opened it, happy to breathe in the fresh air that the outdoors offered.

(Y/N) took out her phone to text Keshi and tell him where she was. Surprisingly, no one else had decided to sneak up to the somewhat secluded area, which was shocking since Ryu had rather easily come up there during class time. (Y/N) slightly shivered at the thought. Ryu had comforted her there, they had bonded there. But all that felt arbitrary. He was psychotic along with the rest of them.

(Y/N) shook off the feeling as she sat down on the concrete roof, taking her lunch and eating in silence.

She had been up there for not even two minutes before she heard the door to the roof open, scaring her to death. The teen hurriedly scurried behind the concrete entrance to the roof, hoping that no trouble would come from the person that had just disrupted her peaceful quiet.

(Y/N) peeked out from behind the concrete corner. Her eyes scanned the area, but no one was in sight. She turned around to look on the other side of the roof, and as she did so, her heart nearly skipped a beat. Facing the other way stood Ryu, Takeo, and Yukio, along with some other kid that she didn't really recognize. The girl's first instinct was to flee from the scene, but her curiosity kept her on the roof, out of sight, but close enough to hear everything going on.

"W-Whoooaa, waazzz happenin'? Oy! Why ya touchin' me, man?!" The seemingly intoxicated boy asked frustratingly, referring to Takeo's iron grip on him.

"Are you sure there aren't any cameras up here?" Yukio inquired uncharacteristically cautiously, completely ignoring the random, irked boy behind him.

"Yep. Trust me, I've been here plenty of times," Ryu answered nonchalantly, taking something from his pocket.

            (Y/N)'s heart beat wildly in her chest. Just what was going on? Who was that boy over there? Why did they have to be here of all people? Although almost every part of her now told her to run, she forced herself to stay, dying to figure out what they were doing. All of the boys were wearing gloves for some reason, and Takeo held on firmly to the boy she was unfamiliar with.

"What do you have on this kid?" Takeo asked Yukio, almost with disgust as the teen could barely control his movements, causing more problems on Takeo's end.

"Apparently he's been having some troubles at home, although no one knows except for his close friends. His grades have also dropped dramatically recently, and his drug use increasing. Seems like Reiji found the perfect candidate." Yukio explained somewhat cheerfully despite the disheartening information.

(Y/N)'s head felt as though it was spinning out of control. Perfect candidate? Just what was going on here?

The girl once again focused on the trio when Yukio leaned into Ryu's ear and the redhead nodded. Suddenly, Ryu began walking around the (Y/N)'s side of the building. The (H/C)-haired girl felt a rush of anxiety shoot through her veins as she figured out the best way to avoid being seen. She looked around frantically but decided it to be best just to bolt for the door. She waited until Ryu was closer and then ran wildly around the concrete corner to the metal door. She didn't look back to see if any of them saw her, but she heard and loud 'Dammit!' as the door shut behind her. But, before the door had any chance to close for long, (Y/N) heard it once again open, the loud footsteps of her pursuer soon following.