Chapter 35 - Return

(Y/N) continued to beg and plead, but all she received were pitiful looks from everyone around her. She felt insane. She didn't know what Reiji had told them, but somehow it worked, and now she looked like a crazy person. With some help from the officers, Reiji got her in the back of his car, a large, sleek black SUV. Reiji thanked the officers one last time before hopping in the back seat with her. (Y/N) looked to the front, she recognized the chauffeur from the limo. Before she could even attempt to cry for help, a partition arose between the front and back, trapping her with the boy. The vehicle started to move, indicating their return to the house.

The girl, who was still trying to process everything that had just happened and slowly coming to its horrifying reality, crept into the corner of the seat and the car door. Maybe if she pushed hard enough, she could phase through the door to the outside. Not only that but (Y/N) wanted to be as far away as physically possible from Reiji. She held her knees tightly to her chest, tucking her head in between. She convinced herself that he couldn't see her if she couldn't see him.

Reiji, on the other hand, sat on the other side of the car from the girl and was rather amused by her reactions. Unable to hold it in, he let out a boisterous , uncharacteristic laugh that caused (Y/N) to tremble slightly from shock and fear, though she refused to look up.

"That was quite clever, (Y/N)! I'm truly impressed by your escape. To think that you were able to escape so quickly!" His words were both patronizing and petrifying. The boy had a crazed look in his golden orbs, not taking them off the girl for even a moment. "Going to the police station, too. Definitely a good choice. You really could have gotten us in some trouble." Reiji's features now adorned a smirk, "Granted, I'm happy that I was correct in my assumption that you'd go here. Otherwise, we would still be looking for you now."

The boy's words shook (Y/N) to her core, and not just because he made it sound like it was just a game to him. The safest place she had thought to go to end up being why she was retaken. But it did make sense! Logically, that's where she should have gone. Even if they had been able to find her there, they shouldn't have been able to take her from there with a whole squad of police there. How did Reiji manage to pull this off? Finally looking up, she glared at the boy, who was still staring at her with a delighted smile.

"How..." (Y/N) paused momentarily, and she could feel her throat tighten. She didn't even want to acknowledge him, but she wanted answers, "How did you get me out of there?"

The blond let out a deep chuckle, clearly satisfied with his own intellect.

"Let's just say I'm no stranger to forgery."

Forgery? What kind of teenage boy is able to produce that kind of forgery enough to fool a policeman?

Despite the door being opened to countless more questions, (Y/N) remained silent, not wanting to encourage any further conversation from her dreaded captor. She stared angrily at her hands, feeling completely powerless in her own life.

Reiji wasn't satisfied with the short interaction and decided to instigate further. He suddenly reached out to the girl, gaining a firm grip on her wrist. (Y/N) jolted from the unexpected reaction, immediately trying to pull her appendage out of his grasp. However, the boy tightened his hold, steadily bringing the girl towards himself. (Y/N) now struggled more, trying to use her whole body weight but to no avail.

"What are you doing?!"

The (H/C)-haired girl began scratching and clawing at the boy's hand, only for that one to be snatched up as well. A moment later, she had been pulled on top of Reiji. She was surprised by his strength, not expecting a physical reaction from him as she might have with some other boys.