Chapter 9 - Red

(Y/N) walked into her classroom, and was greeted by the teacher. A heavier woman who also had a small smile adorning her tanned, rosy face. She had an accent that wasn't completely clear, and (Y/N) wondered as to where her new teacher hailed from.

(Y/N) gave a small wave to the teacher and immediately searched for a head of black hair. (Y/N) narrowed her (e/c) eyes, and she walked over to Keshi as soon as she spotted him in the back, his favorite spot to be. Keshi was reading the same book as earlier, but he didn't appear as interested in it as he had before.

"Hey, Keshi!"

The teen looked up with the same tired look as he had in the morning, but he did, however, show a genuine smile on his face.

"Hey."

(Y/N) set her things down on the desk next to Keshi's and plopped herself in the seat with a huff. She slouched into her chair and looked over at her friend.

"Isn't it lucky that we have our first and last classes together? It kind of makes the school day feel a lot shorter." (Y/N) commented as she rose her arms in the air and stretched.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Keshi replied with a shrug, and he put his book away.

The pair just sat there for a few minutes, making small conversation. A couple more students filed in, but most of them were already seated or just standing and talking to friends. The class was relatively small in size, so (Y/N) and Keshi were the only people at their table of four so far.

(Y/N) began to examine everything that was placed in the classroom. There were a projector and a desk, of course, but there were also other miscellaneous items littering the room. The walls seemed to be covered by dozens of different types of maps; some of the entire world, some of the separate continents, and some just of random countries. There were also pictures of famous sites, like Machu Picchu or the Egyptian pyramids and Sphinx. Several globes could be seen, varying in size. Behind the desk, (Y/N) could see what looked like pictures of a black lab, with a few family photos here and there. The girl had no idea how the teacher was even allowed to have that much stuff placed in her room at once.

The bell rang, and the door was shut as the teacher came strutting to the front of the classroom. This teacher seemed to be extremely excited to teach the class, and she looked around at the students with a gleam in her eyes.

"Hello, class!" She practically bellowed out, "I am your geology teacher, and my name is Mrs. Romano. I can just say that this is my favorite subject, and I am just so excited to teach you all this year!"

After the teacher introduced herself, nothing was really said, and there was just a silence that shadowed the room.

Mrs. Romano continued on, "Okay, we're going to take the role for today, and then we can get started."

Mrs. Romano walked over to her computer and called out everyone's name. Everyone was present except for one Ryu Ishida, who (Y/N) had never heard of before.

After the teacher took the role, she stood up in front of the class again and began to introduce herself, "Well, in case you didn't know, I am Italian. I grew up there for most of my life until I moved here to go to college. I have a husband and three beautiful children, and my precious dog, Milo. He's my best friend, and I love to cuddle with him. You can see some of the adorable pictures of him." She spoke so fondly her dog that one might wonder if the dog carried greater importance over Mrs. Romano's own family. Quirky.

She continued talking about her personal life when suddenly the door burst open, and a teenage boy came strutting into the classroom without any clear note or explanation. He was a good ten minutes late to class, and Mrs. Romano wore a clear look of annoyance on her face.