23

Warning!
Violence and abuse

***

Kennedy Simmons

I've been working at HRTD for two weeks and I couldn't be happier about it. The workplace is exactly like I dreamt it to be. There is modern equipment in every sector, a big library in case we want information and labs that look like they came out of a movie. The whole premises are pleasant for both the employees and the patients.

Everyone who works here is incredibly nice. This is like a big family and the reason of it is Ansel. He acts as a consultant to the younger employees and as a friend to the older. To me he's like the father I never had. He always makes sure I'm okay and he takes care of me like he would take care of his young only daughter. I couldn't be more grateful about it.

Life outside of work is going great too. I still live with Charlie and Lincoln. In all honesty, living with them kinda feels like a permanent sleepover with my best friends. Charlie is the crazy type of a friend who keeps doing stupid and irrational things and making everyone laugh while Lincoln is the serious type of a friend who I can always turn to if I have a problem because he'll ultimately figure out the perfect solution.

In this group there is one special addition, Kendra. She has bonded perfectly with the guys, especially Lincoln. She's like the perfect combination of those two. She's logical but at the same time funny.

I truly couldn't have asked for better friends.

I didn't know if I could include Harry to my list of friends. He wasn't around a lot but when he was I hate to admit that but I kinda enjoyed it. It seemed like his life's purpose was to drag me out of my comfort zone and make me more... well... irresponsible.

He kept flirting with me and teasing me but, even though it was annoying, he respected my limits. I think by now he had realized that I wasn't going to sleep with him but he kept insisting for two reasons. One. His huge ego couldn't handle the rejection. Two. He wanted to get on my last nerves.

He really enjoyed infuriating me.

Other than that he was a nice company. The times I found myself leaving the group and walking away with him weren't a few. When it was just me and him he was another person. At least most of the time. He was quiet and serious. He still was mysterious and intriguing and honestly I liked that. He was an enigma that I felt like I had to solve. This man had so many secrets and I bet the majority of them was dark.

Usually I would be scared being around such person but with him it was different. His secrets, hints of dark side and his sudden but thankfully rare irrational behaviour didn't even affect me. For some reason I trusted him and I felt safe around him.

Last but certainly not least...

... Archie.

We hadn't talked at all and in all honesty I couldn't be happier about it. I was planning to break up with him the moment I saw him again. It took me some time but I finally realized how much of a shitty person he actually was. No one deserved to be treated the way that manipulative son of a bitch had treated me.

Speaking of Archie...

Today he had asked  me to meet him at his house after I finished work. Just the thought of ending things with him made me excited.

Pure adrenaline!

When I was done with work I went to my office and took of the scrubs. I was wearing a pretty black dress underneath and black boots with three inches heel. Usually I didn't dress like that but today was a special day.