41

Kennedy Simmons

Yesterday was one of the best nights ever. Just the look on Archie's face was enough to make me ecstatic.

Charlie, Lincoln, Kendra and I spent the whole night dancing like crazy people and having the time of our lives while Harry stood in the corner drinking and looking at us with a judgy face. Mick pretended to work but since Harry had hired extra securities and nothing was going on he decided to let go and have fun with us.

I didn't drink anymore because I didn't want to get hangover the next day. Yes, i was one of the few people that thought of the effects of excessive drinking.

I was always the responsible one.

By the time me and Harry arrived back home we collapsed on our beds. There was no doubt that the sexual tension was there and we were both still kinda worked up from earlier but we were too exhausted. Plus, having sex with the enemy shouldn't be a frequent thing no matter how good it felt.

Today I got off bed earlier than I thought. I had taken the day off because I had predicted I would be exhausted after the long night.

I was wrong.

I had so much energy and I have no idea how that was possible. Especially considering that I had slept for less than five hours and all I did yesterday was jump around like a crazy woman.

I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and put on a white tank top and simple black shorts. Harry and his monotonous lifestyle had clearly affected the way I dressed.

I didn't bother to do a perplexing makeup routine. I was blessed with clear skin and I almost never had black circles, except if I had cried a lot, so there was no need to put makeup on. Beeing naturally blond meant that my eyelashes were light-colored too so I applied a little mascara. My lips were full but not as rosy or red as the lips of every other person and I was insecure about it so I put on just a small hint of lipgloss.

My hair were a mess from yesterday and I wasn't in the mood to spend my time fixing them so I just put them in a messy ponytail and brushed a little my bangs.

After I was done preparing myself for the day I walked downstairs. I was about to enter the kitchen and have my breakfast when I saw Harry running around, looking incredibly stressed for some reason.

He was wearing his usual black clothes and his hair were a mess. I assumed he had just woken up. He was a wearing a black pair of sunglasses and anyone would be able to tell why.

Hangover.

"What happened?" I asked. He stopped and looked at me for a moment as if he was trying to decide whether he should tell me or not. "My substitute driver got killed yesterday. We caught the killer. He's on the basement. I have to interrogate him. We think he works for Clark."

Good morning!

What a nice way to start your day!

"Can I come with you?" I was involved in this whole Clark thing and I wanted to be kept informed. "No way. I'm not the police. In this line of business we have different ways of interrogating. We torture people and most of the times we eventually kill them."

Expected.

There was no way I was going to lose this. I even think I could be useful. Good thing I was an ace at argumentation. "So? You think I won't be able to handle the blood? I'm a doctor. The amount of surgeries I have done is big." He tried to protest but I spoke before he had the chance to. "You'll tell me it's different. It's more violent. Guess what, I watched you shoot some people dead the day we first met, I examined a dead body that you had killed, I was beaten up by my ex and I cut his cheek with my high heel. I think I'm tough enough to handle it. Plus you're obviously hangover and you're known for your short temper so you can't do the job properly. The man will be dead within minutes and you will lose the chance to find valuable information. You need someone to hold you back."