74

Kennedy Simmons

Benji won!

Me and Harry were back just in time to see him passing the finish line with Mika following just behind him. Harry's driver came third and even though he wasn't to happy about it he decided not to be that grumpy for my sake.

While we were with Benji my eyes scanned the crowd, searching for Mika. It didn't take me long to spot her considering she looked like a pink highlighter.

But she wasn't alone. I knew that person all too well.

Louis Tomlinson.

I excused myself and walked to them. Louis looked at me once up and down before his eyes finally froze on mine. "It's been too long, little K!"

The famous sassy smile appeared on his face. "Whose fault is it?" I rolled my eyes. "Whatever Tomlinson. I didn't miss you anyway." He placed his hand over his heart and pretended to be hurt. "After all we've been through together? Don't forget that you owe me a lot. I've been through a horror show because of you."

That was true.

"What can I say. I was a wild teenager." He gave me a weird look but he didn't say anything. "But let me remind you that I also did your dirty work. You became rich because of me."

"What dirty work?"

We both turned around only to see Harry approaching us. He glanced at Louis and he seemed to recognise him. "Louis Tomlinson. Quite a notorious drug dealer. Also a master in the art of fraud." Louis smiled proudly. "That's me."

Yep, that was definitely him.

A crook.

"I'm honoured you know about me. You're the infamous Harry Styles. Gang leader and not just that. People only describe you as cruel, merciless, ruthless." Louis placed his hand on my back protectively and pulled me closer to him and away from Harry. "I would call you the devil but that title is already occupied. We both know you're worse than that anyway."

I didn't flinch.

I didn't react.

Harry noticed Louis movements and for a split second he looked confused but then he realised what was going on. Louis was trying to protect me from him. He knew about his reputation and he thought I was in danger. He had no idea about my relationship with Harry.

I reached out for Harry's hand. I held it and gave it a soft squeeze. He immediately pulled me closer to his body. Now it looked like he was trying to protect me from Louis. That or he suddenly got jealous but that would be ridiculous.

Louis gave me a firm, warning look but I didn't respond to that. Instead I opted to ignore it. "How's work going, Lou? Did you find anyone else to replace me?" He shook his head. "Only you know those recipes." He exclaimed dramatically. "Those were our glory days. People walked around and used my drugs in the open without anyone noticing and that was because of you."

Harry's eyes widened as he gave me a questioning look. I chuckled at his puzzled expression. "I used to play with drugs. I transformed them completely to the point that even those trained dogs of the police couldn't spot them. At least not that easily."

His eyes widened even more and I found that quite amusing. "What? Don't you remember how interested I was in Lincoln's work when we first met? Haven't you noticed that I know everything about drugs? I even knew what you had used the first time I saw you while you were high." He nodded as he recalled all those memories.

And the big secret was out.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked. He didn't seem mad. He was just taken by surprise. "I told you I was a wild teenager."