76

Kennedy Simmons

I hated her!

I could just kill her right there at that exact moment and I would preform it perfectly so that no one could put the blame on me. I'd make it look like a suicide.

All I wanted was to take my coffee and chill but no! She had to appear!

Kiara Jones.

We went to Harvard together and even then I hated her and she hated me. Now she suddenly appeared again on the café of the damn hospital that I worked on, that I spent my breaks and she wanted to cath up.

Suspicious?

Yes!

She was supposed to hate me! Why the fuck would she suddenly start to be nice at me after three years? I didn't have anything that she could possibly want other than the inches of dignity I had left.

Thank God Harry was free. I had texted him to come to my rescue and he was in his way.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you again!" She said with her perfect smile and her too white teeth. I unwillingly returned the smile. "Me too!"

Which stands for 'I hope I'll never see you again.'

"We should totally hang out again!" She gave my hand a soft squeeze and I immediately cringed at that. "Totally!"

Never ever!

"You were always the classmate I admired the most! I always thought of ways I could be more like you." I pretended to be touched by her words about fake admiration. "I thought of ways too!"

Ways to kill you and get rid of your body without getting caught.

"So, you're a doctor?" I couldn't contain myself as I rolled my eyes. "Do you think I'd wear scrubs for fun? Also, note that you're in a hospital." I looked at her up and down quickly. "Why are you even in the hospital?" She showed me her wrist that was covered with a gauze. "Car accident. Nothing bad happened. There are only some cuts that will heal in not time. They're not even deep."

I was about to pretend that I cared when Harry appeared. "Hey, babe." He pecked my lips and sat next to me not even acknowledging her.

I almost screamed in excitement when I noticed how taken aback and offended she was about the fact that he didn't give her the attention she craved.

Yes, she was an attention whore and when a man as gorgeous as Harry ignored her it hurt her more than any bullet wound could ever hurt.

"Hello, honey." I tried not to sound too excited but I doubt I did even a decent job.

"This is Kiara. We went to college together." He spared her a single glance before looking back at me. If he did that to any other person I would scold him for beeing rude but now I was enjoying it a little too much.

"It's really nice to meet you." Kiara's voice had become higher than before and it had a flirty tone that Harry definitely noticed. He gave her a firm warning look but she obviously didn't catch it - or she just ignored it - because she kept trying to flirt with him but he also kept shutting her down.

"My name is Kiara Jones."

"Okay."

"I'm a lawyer."

"Good for you."

"At least I was. I got sick of it."

"I don't care."

"But now I have free time and money."