53*

Kennedy Simmons

I had never felt so comfortable around Harry before. It was like the wall we had built between us was finally demolished and all that had left of it was a few dust and nothing more.

There was no tension, no awkwardness. Instead we joked around and sang every single song that played on the radio while he was driving like two actual friends.

It felt surreal but I liked it.

"Where's Zayn and Benji?" I asked the moment we got out of the car. I had noticed that the rented car wasn't in the driveway meaning that Zayn had taken it and considering that all lights of the house seemed to be off I assumed Benji had gone out too.

"They texted me a couple of minutes ago. They're going out to celebrate." I gave him a confused look, having no idea what he was talking about. "Celebrate what?" He shrugged his shoulders. "I have no idea. Zayn is always celebrating for no actual reason."

Zayn was an optimistic person and I liked that. I knew that his life wasn't easy and I could assume he had quite a past too but he was always smiling, enjoying every moment of his life as if it was going to be his last. He was literally the straight version of Charlie. Those two were truly soulmates, in a non romantic way of course.

Harry took a few steps towards the door but instead of following him I walked in the yard. "Ken? Where are you going?" He asked while heading my way. "Backyard. I want to see how the pool looks at night. Wanna come?" I didn't wait for his response and walked away but I knew he was just a few steps behind me.

When we reached the backyard I looked around, admiring my surroundings. There were many small lamps everywhere illuminating the flowers and the blue water of the pool beautifully.

It was a hot night and the cool water seemed incredibly appealing. All I wanted was to jump inside and feel its coldness against my skin but I didn't want to swim alone and, knowing Harry, I was sure he wouldn't swim... At least not willingly.

I watched from the corner of my eye Harry slowly approaching me and standing next to me. "What are you thinking about, doc?" I wasn't thinking of anything before but now I had a good idea.

A really good idea!

I had a feeling I would regret it soon enough but the idea sounded way too appealing to back out and drop it so I did it.

I pushed Harry inside the pool.

A loud laugh left my lips while water splashed and covered everything around this side of the pool. I immediately covered my mouth with both of my hands as an attempt to contain my laughter but failed miserably.

"Really funny, Kennedy. And mature." He tried to sound serious but he couldn't conceal the genuine smile that lightened up his face.

He wouldn't admit it but I knew he found something entertaining about it. I doubt it was his dive though. It most probably was my immature reaction.

"You better get in here now too or else I'll come out and drop you in the water." He threatened me in a playful way making him look anything but scary.

"Say no more." I took off my shoes and socks and immediately jumped in the water in the most dramatic way possible.

I swam closer to him. I couldn't hide the devilish grin on my face while I was plotting my next move. When I was finally close enough I splashed water in his face and started laughing again like a five year old.

I couldn't help but find it incredibly cute when he squeezed his eyes shut and extended his arms in front of him in a defensive way as if that way he would prevent the water from falling in his face. There was something so innocent and intriguing about him right now that I really liked.