45

Kennedy Simmons

"Kennedy." Harry's voice calling my name wasn't the ideal way to wake up but I guess I don't have a say in it. "Kennedy wake up. What's the emergency?"

The audacity!

Yesterday he ignored all of my calls and when I came back he wasn't even home and now he woke me up as if he didn't know I desperately needed some rest.

"Go to hell, Styles, and burn there for the eternity." I didn't even bother to open my eyes cause I wasn't in the mood to witness his smirk first thing in the morning. "Too dramatic, don't you think?"

I gave him the middle finger and then covered my head with the pillow as an attempt to block his voice. Unfortunately pillows aren't sound proof. "What's the emergency, Kennedy?" I felt the bed dipping as he sat right next to me and pulled the pillow off me. I opened my eyes but immediately regretted that.

Since when was the sun so fucking bright?

I shut them close and rubbed them, a small whine leaving my mouth as I did so. When I opened them again I let them adjust for a moment and then looked at Harry who, as always, looked effortlessly jaw-dropping.

I took a deep breath and decided that getting mad at him for beeing his usual self wouldn't help and this was a life and death matter. "Why didn't you pick up the phone? And were the fuck were you yesterday?" I tried to be calm even though I was about to snap. I was overwhelmed by yesterday and his absence didn't help.

I had a brother!

I had family! Actual family!

But he was in danger and I could do nothing about it. I needed Harry's help but he didn't even bother to text me. I had to figure this out myself. I didn't know what to do. I was helpless.

"I didn't pick up the phone because I had left it in my car. Zayn found one of the people in the list, Aaron Harris. He is responsible for some illegal organised street races all around Europe. We're going to pay him a visit. The whole night we were planning everything out. The moment I saw your text and calls I drove back home."

He did have a good excuse but that didn't fix anything. Yesterday I had to go through a rollercoaster of emotions all alone. And it wasn't just me. My brother was there too and he needed help just as much as I needed it but I couldn't do anything.

Harry once again was able to read my emotions. He creased his brows as he brushed some hair off my face. "What's wrong, Ken? What did I miss?" I threw the covers off of me and sat on the bed next to him. "There is another person that Clark is watching just like he has been watching me. It's the fifteen-year-old boy that came to my office yesterday, Dustin. He was on foster care and for the past few months he has been living with the same people, the man we tortured, Will, and his wife."

He listened to me carefully and after I finished talking he didn't form a word. Instead he pulled out his phone and texted someone. "Who are you texting?" I tried to look at his phone but by the time he was done and he locked the screen again. "I texted Lincoln. He'll take care of it."

I felt relieved. I trusted Lincoln and I knew that Dustin would be safe.

I was about to tell Harry about the relation between Dustin and me when he stood up and walked to my closet. He opened it and pulled out a suitcase. "Start packing. We're leaving today." He announced. He opened the suitcase and started throwing inside some of my clothes.

I quickly got off the bed and ran in front of him, stopping what he was doing and getting his attention. "First of all, rude. Who gave you the right to go through my wardrobe and pick my clothes?" He rolled his eyes and stepped aside. "I was just helping you. You want to do it alone? Okay but he quick. We don't have time."