48

Kennedy Simmons

"Are you fucking crazy?"

I'm pretty sure Harry's screams were heard all over France, maybe even in the UK, but he didn't seem to care about it or about the fact that everyone was looking at us.

We were currently in... Well... I'm not sure where exactly we were. Harry didn't care enough to know and I hadn't had the chance to ask the others because they were driving in another rented car while me and Harry were in one of Harry's expensive cars that he had shipped here just like he had shipped his McLaren.

We were in the place were the races would take place in approximately an hour from now but Zayn had a rather unexpected and unpleasant surprise stored for us.

We didn't have a driver anymore.

Zayn was supposed to be our driver but last night he got into a fight resulting in him breaking his wrist. Benji couldn't drive either because he was still injured since Clark's people tried to kill him and Harry had to find our target and interrogate him leaving us with no one in the place of the driver.

Except if...

"You just had to screw everything up, didn't you?" Harry pushed Zayn forcefully clearly not caring about his fractured hand. "We are supposed to run. People are already suspicious of us. If we have no one from our team participating in the race their assumptions will be confirmed and they'll attack and you know what that means? We will all fucking die! They are too many!"

Ever since we stepped foot in the area the organisers of the races didn't leave us from their sight. They were all armed and ready to attack us but they couldn't do anything unless we gave them a valid reason to.

Of course Harry's yelling didn't really help but no reasonable creature would even attempt to stop angry Harry. If they did it would be like they were signing for their very own one-way ticket to the nearest graveyard.

"Dude don't blane just me! You should bring a backup driver." Zayn did have a pretty good point but of course Harry could easily find an excuse. "We arranged this just hours after we flew from Vegas. I didn't have time. But even if I had we don't have another backup driver anymore. The drivers are me, you and the dude that Clark's bitch killed."

Harry covered his face with his palms in despair as he mumbled "We're screwed!" Zayn looked kinda guilty but his pride didn't allow him to apologize. Benji, the only normal one, looked terrified. Just like me, Benji was new to this whole ring situation and the idea of beeing killed was justifiably terrifying him.

They all seemed to think that after an hour or so we would be long gone but I didn't. I had an idea. A pretty good one actually. Unfortunately I was sure that they wouldn't let me go on with that. Especially Harry.

"I could drive."

I mentioned before that I know a little more than the basics when it comes to cars. In my language that means that I know everything about driving and nothing about fixing a vehicle.

Kendra used to love cars and we always used to watch races together. As the years went by I started adoring the idea of velocity combined with danger. I knew from experience that adrenaline was a drug and the idea of doing such a dangerous yet exciting activity made my blood boil in a good way.

After I turned sixteen I met a former race driver who couldn't drive himself anymore due to an accident. Persuading him to teach me how to just drive initially was piece of cake. It was a matter of time before I convinced him to teach me how to actually race.

I was good.

I could be a professional.

Correction.