33

Kennedy Simmons

"So, how's living with mr. Moody?" Charlie asked.

I was currently in a café with Charlie, Lincoln and Kendra. I hadn't had a day off in a pretty long time so I didn't have the time to go out with them without beeing either anxious or exhausted. That's why we decided to go out for lunch. After we ate we went to the café were I had gone when I first met Zayn in order to just relax and catch up.

It was nice hanging out with people I actually like. All three of them had managed to become my best friends and some of the few people I trusted and felt safe with.

"Wait... She leaves with Harry? The Harry fucking Styles? Well that's interesting." Kendra exclaimed. I had opted to omit this detail the last time we talked because, knowing her, I was sure she was going to start trying to persuade me to 'let loose and have some fun with him'.

Of course I wasn't going to tell her or the others about yesterday's events. I wasn't going to give them the satisfaction of knowing about this circumstance and rub it to my face. Harry wasn't going to tell them either. He hated talking about the details in his personal life. It wasn't a secret to anyone that he had sex with people but no one knew who exactly or anything else.

I don't think anyone would even care but whatever.

"Yeah. Kenny over here has to live with him for her own safety. She met a pretty... dangerous... man." Lincoln said. Charlie frowned and a look full with hatred appeared on his face. "Not just dangerous. Clark is a rotten person. I really want to shove my gun up his ass and start shooting."

Everyone seemed to hate Clark for some reason. Even Charlie who loved fucking everyone! Charlie was like a huge tattoo-covered teddy bear who just wanted to be a diva and hug everyone. I had never met anyone he disliked until now.

Lincoln was also a really kind man who had bad blood with absolutely no one but the disgusted expression that appeared when he mentioned Clark was a strong indicator of his hatred towards him.

I would be lying if I'd say I wasn't even slightly scared. I still couldn't find a good enough reason why he would decide to hurt me out of all people though. It's not like I had history with him. Also if he wanted to hurt Harry he should choose his actual friends and the people he deep down secretly cared about even a little.

"Oh... But don't worry. My best friend is a strong woman who can take care of herself." Kendra was the only one who actually knew about my past simply because she herself was a part of it. She knew what I was capable of and she knew that I was far from helpless when it came to my safety.

At least most of the time...

"You don't get it, Kendra. Clark Bonnar is the devil himself. Everyone is secretly afraid of him. Everyone! Even Harry fucking Styles. This man is rotten. He has done awful things and he doesn't even regret it one bit. His willing to do anything in order to get what he wants or just to hurt his enemies. He finds pleasure in that." Lincoln's words made the smile in her face disappear and be replaced by a half scared and half worried look. The way he emphasized every single word made her finally realize the significance of the situation.

"Oh... Ughm... Ken isn't helpless but I'd feel so much better if she had someone who could protect her." Her voice was lower now and she was looking at me with a concerned look.

Kendra was like my big sister and she really loved me and cared about me. She knew that I had already been through too much and I was one hundred percent sure that she would do anything in the power to make sure nothing slightly negative would happen to me again but, realistically speaking, this wasn't feasible. Bad things always happen.