II.IX. Motion

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

As the day continues, you keep holding on tightly to that hope to keep you going, allowing you to enjoy the moment as you join your family and stand by your sister's side at her wedding.

The ceremony goes on smoothly, as if all the drama that both you and Hoseok had to go through never really happened. Both the bride and groom seem to remain oblivious to it, with no more drama happening until the end of the ceremony.

The lovely vows are exchanged—with only the slightest hitch as Seokjin's voice trembles right in the middle of reading his part—and you have the front-row seat of witnessing the tear forming in your sister's eyes as Seokjin slips the ring on her finger. More tears are shed, but also sounds of laughter and cheers of joy, as the bride and groom share their first kiss as husband and wife.

Any lingering thought of the past and everything else that follows it never crosses your mind, until your sister pulls you into a dance and suddenly whispers,

"I'm sorry."

You raise your brows. "Sorry, for what? If you're talking about putting me into tons of duty as your maid of honour, then—"

Soyeon shakes her head. "I'm not talking about that, though I do apologise for giving you so much trouble since you got here," she says while smiling. "I'm sorry for everything that's been going on since you got home. You must have felt like the world was playing tricks on you and everyone around you were in on it, but I had no choice. I had to keep quiet about it and not say a thing, and I had to do all I could to keep the secret hidden for just a while longer, until everything calms down and we can find the right time to sit everybody down to talk about it together."

It takes you a moment to understand what she is trying to say, until it finally dawns on you. "You were the one who hid those boxes. You knew we found them that night."

Soyeon gives you an apologetic smile and shrugs. "Yeonjun helped. I wasn't sure about it at first, but you were acting funny after disappearing with Hoseok right before dinner. Yeonjun saw you guys coming down the stairs and when I saw the look on both of your faces, we both figured you must've been in your bedroom. Mom didn't find out until you started asking questions. I was half expecting to get bombarded with your questions but you never came to me."

You start laughing in pure disbelief. "I didn't want to ruin your big day," you admit to her, before telling her that you almost did come to her until you saw how tense she had been before the rehearsal dinner. "I'm sorry for causing all the drama, and I'm sorry that I got so wrapped up in my own problems that I kept losing focus and didn't do my job right as your maid of honour."

Soyeon only smiles and once again shakes her head. "No, I wasn't bothered at all. I've been worried about you and Hoseok, though."

You turn away to the other side of the dance floor just as you hear the sound of your mother's laughter, and you watch her dancing with Hoseok, with him teasing her by turning her a few times in the middle of the slow dance. It brings a smile to your face, and your chest is filled with so much warmth seeing them together, and feeling relieved to see how everything seems to feel so right again. "Everything's fine now."