IV - 6 Years Ago: Min Hana

6 YEARS AGO

"What do you mean you can't go?"

You were standing in the doorway to Hana's dorm room, watching her incredulously as you realised that she had made a change of plans—again—without even bothering to let you know anything about it.

It took you the whole morning to pack up, filling the heavy suitcase that you were now holding on your right hand. Meanwhile, your left hand was clutching tightly on the wooden door, holding back from exploding. You had chosen the best sets of outfits, summer dresses, and had even bought a few new pair of bikinis, all packed up nicely for this trip. After dragging the heavy suitcase all the way from your small student apartment to the dorm building, you found Hana lounging on her bed, still in her PJs, her suitcase still unpacked, with not a single sign of her leaving this room anytime soon.

While it was her idea to have this summer trip in the first place.

Rolling her eyes as if you had just said something ridiculous, Hana pushed herself up and sat on the bed. "I'm saying that I can't go. I have—plans," she said, avoiding your eyes.

"You have plans?" you scoffed. "Damn it, Hana. You made plans with me! It was your idea to take this trip."

Instead of looking at least a bit remorseful, Hana only shrugged. "I'm sorry?"

Resisting the urge to throw something, you only looked at her. Actually looked at her. And you began narrowing your eyes when you noticed that she was still refusing to look at you and she was starting to act like a skittish kitten.

"Alright, what is this all about—exactly?"

Sighing dramatically, Hana made an expression which made it seem like she would have preferred to do something else rather than explaining herself. You immediately found out the reason why when she finally spoke.

"The students from my class are going on a study tour for one of the courses I took. They're going to be visiting some places that have to do with our core class and the electives I'm taking next semester, and then there's a trial course planned at the end of it where we can all practice by getting involved in an actual court and solve some work cases. I decided if I really want to continue with law school, it would be great to join the tour," she said, though from the looks of it, it was obvious that she was not telling you the whole truth.

"So—only because it's good for your studies?" you prodded further. Knowing her, there would always be something else. Because there had to be a reason why she had not said anything about any of this before today. "Is that all?"

She fell to a beat of silence first. Then she looked at her feet, her hands pulling the seams on her blanket as she finally confessed. "The guy that I was telling you about will be there too," she murmured, looking away sheepishly.