V - 6 Years Ago: Chance Encounter

6 YEARS AGO

By sunset the same day, you already felt so much better and had the summer vibe taking over to help you forget about your stress.

You had gone straight to chase your flight after the phone call you had with Joohyun. After having a smooth travel, a quick check-in at the hotel which was way prettier and more comfortable than you had initially thought it would be, you went straight to your first summer party at the beach.

You had left the hotel for an early dinner and had a few drinks to loosen up when a guy around your age came by to your table. He was amused when he found out that you were in the resort on your own, then sat down to give you a few warnings about trusting a stranger during your trip before handing you a flyer that he was spreading at the joint.

"Come by to the beach and join our party. Don't worry, I'll make sure you'll be safe," he said then, giving you a wink before leaving you to finish your drink.

The party had started by the time you arrived. Groups of young men and women filled out the beach, some playing by the waves, some of them playing volleyball, while a few others seemed to be trying their hardest to set up the bonfire. The breeze was nice. You had learned from the young female receptionist at your hotel that this side of the beach would be safe enough for you to play in the water, and you were glad that you had decided to put on a pair of bikinis underneath your summer dress.

"Hey, you made it!"

You turned to see the same guy who had handed you the flyer for the party running towards you. Wearing a sleeveless shirt and a pair of shorts, the tan on his skin was visible and it looked like he had been under the sun for quite a while.

"Yeah, hi. I figured I didn't want to miss it on my first night here," you told him, making his eyes gleam.

"Cool. I'm Chance, by the way," he said, offering his hand for your to shake.

"I'm ______," you answered with a firm handshake. "So are you from around here?"

Chance nodded. "Yep, I live around the area. It was the local kids' idea to have this party to welcome all the tourists coming in during term break."

"Nice," you muttered as you looked around, watching the fun starting and getting louder as the bonfire was finally lighted up.

"Come on, I'll show you around."

You followed your new buddy, Chance, as he led you to the heart of the party, introducing you to some of the local boys and girls who were responsible for the party. "If you lose me in the crowd and you're in some kind of a trouble, just holler at them and they'll come to help you," he said, before leading you towards the long table where the coolers filled with bottles of beer and other booze were located.

Grabbing a bottle of cold beer, you walked with him back into the party as he gave you a long list of places which you could visit while you were in town. He had even given you his number, just in case you would need any guide to take you to places. It wasn't long before he was called out by the group playing volleyball and he ran out to join them to fill the empty spot, while you joined the circle forming around the bonfire.