XI - 1 Year Ago: Storm

1 YEAR AGO

"You look beautiful."

You were getting ready for work, in the middle of finishing your makeup when Hoseok sneaked up behind you. You looked up to see his face through the reflection in the mirror just as he snaked his arms around your waist. He returns your gaze on the mirror when he pulled you back, your back pressed to his chest, and he kept his eyes on yours as he leaned down to press his lips gently on the crook of your neck.

"Thank you," your voice came out as a whisper. The touch of his lips on your skin had sent your body shivering that you became breathless. "You don't look so bad yourself."

Hoseok chuckled, looking pleased with himself, though you suspected it more to the fact that he could still make your body react so easily to him even after years of being together and not so much for your compliment. But he did look striking this morning. Wearing his dark grey suit over an ivory coloured shirt which he had left unbuttoned at the top, his hair was looking slick and brushed aside, you suddenly felt like the most fortunate woman to be in his arms.

"I should be, if I want to look good enough to walk beside you."

"Oh, shut up," you scoffed at him and looked away, hiding your flushing cheeks the best you could even if he could still see it through the mirror. Though you also knew that nothing could escape his eyes. The way he was chuckling against your neck as he pressed his lips right beneath your earlobe confirmed it for you.

"I mean it," he said, tipping your chin so you could meet his gaze on the mirror. "You always manage to amaze me, every single time. It feels like I probably shouldn't let you go to work today just so I could keep you to myself."

Hoseok tightened his hold around you while you laughed, your head falling on his shoulder.

"Stop making me blush, silly," you sighed while running your hand on his arm and enjoying how perfect it felt to be in engulfed in his warmth like this. Years had passed and he still knew how to make your heart race, how to make you happy, and how to make you forget about everything bad in the world. "As much as I'd love to stay home and let you lock me inside your illusive palace, I really need to get to work. We both do."

"I know," Hoseok gave a dramatic sigh, then he gave you another squeeze and turned you around. He looked straight into your eyes, smiling softly as he slowly leaned down until his lips were hairbreadths away from yours. "But tonight, you are mine. All mine to keep, all mine to admire, and all mine to love."

"I'm all yours," you whispered to him as you wrapped your arms around his neck. "Always."

Then his lips found yours, kissing you the way he knew would make your toes curl and your skin flush with warmth. Your heart fluttered wildly like butterfly wings when he pressed you into his chest, letting you feel how his heart was reacting the same way to you.