ROSE

I couldn't.
I just couldn't.
I shouldn't kill myself just because of boys.
I need to stay alive to help Ally.
I have to.
Jessie hasn't talked to me since we went to the hospital together. Why isn't she talking to me? Did she go to the hospital without me? Oh yah, she probably went to the hospital without me. But I can't call her right now. It's 10 right now, I'm just going to go to bed.
I get my polka doted pyjamas and my tank top, take off my makeup, brush my teeth and put my hair in a bun and go to sleep.

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

I wake up and go downstairs. (Yawn...) as I walk downstairs, in the kitchen, I get a mug and-
oh my god.
I scream so loud I bet the neighbours could hear.
My mom.
MY MOM.
dead.
Just like Ally, blood on her chest.
I'm not looking.
Oh my.
Don't tell me her heart is GONE!
I go closer, and yes.
It's gone.
She's gone.
It killed my mom.

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

"Tell me everything Rosa" a police officer said, I'm sitting in the room where you talk and stuff.
"It's Rose" I fixed for the guy. "And, I don't know... I went to bed, I woke up and went to have a coffee in the kitchen and find my mom dead on the floor. That's all I know, okay?" Tears run down my eyes.
"I know this is hard for you, my dad died when I was your age too, it wasn't okay, but I went on with my life. " he said. "But, rosa, I mean Rose, um, you might go to a girls home if you don't have a place to stay."
A girls home.
A GIRLS HOME.
No, no no no. No no no. NO. I'm not living in a girls home,
I stand up and try to leave, but he puts his hand on my shoulder. "Where not done yet"
"Yes we are."
"Rose, we know about your friend" I stop and turn around. "The same thing happen to your friend but she was saved."
"Don't even remind me of my friend! My dad left me and married another women, my friend, my best friend, is going to die any week now, my mom is dead, and now you say I have to go in a girls home!"
"I didn't say you have to-"
"We. Are. Done."
"No we aren't."
"Yes we are"
A lady, I'm guessing another police officer comes in. "Officer Rignen, you can leave now"
"Okay" he looks at me and tries to smile, and leaves.
"Hi, I'm officer Tomson, let's talk, please"
"Fine"

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

My mom is dead.
No.
No.
No.
I just told Jessie the news, she didn't respond to my text yet.
What am I going to do? I have no one to live with, no one to turn to, and no place to live. Ally is going to die, too. SO MANY PEOPLE ARE DYING! This isn't fair. Like-
Oh no.
Brandon.
My older brother in college.
Don't tell me he's gonna die.
No.
I need to call him.
Brandon- hello? Sis?
Me- Brandon..? I need to tell you something.
Brandon- what now?
Me- mom.
Brandon- mom what?
Me- she died, the police think it was suicide.
Brandon- your- your joking? Right?!
Me- no, I'm not
Brandon- I'm coming.
Me- brandy you have school-
He hangs up.
His college is 3 hours away and it's Harvard. He can't just drop that chance.

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

It's been 2 hours. He'll be here soon.
I never saw him since the beginning of September. What about his girlfriend there? Will he bring her to? When will I stop asking myself questions?
I went upstairs in my room and laid down on my bed. All I need is a little relaxation.
2 hours later...
Brandon's here!
I run to the door and open it and see Brandon with 2 luggages.
"What's going on Rose?" He asked me.
"Mom is dead! She's dead and I'm going in a girls home!" I yelled and a tear ran down my eye.
He was speechless. Until he said. "It's going to be okay-"
"It's not going to be okay!"
"Don't worry! We will work this out!" He replied, he puts his luggages. "Just, don't worry..."
"Okay" and we wrap our arms around each other. We never hugged in so long. Like last time we hugged was like a year ago when he left for college.
"Don't worry about that stupid girls home, I'm going to take care of you."
"What? What about school?"
"Who cares... Your my sister."
I'm going to lose Ally, mom died, Brandon is not going to.
No one else is going to die.
I'm going to make sure of it.