Chapter 9: More Questions, Less Answers

-Narrator's P.O.V.-

(On the previous chapter, Team RWBY and Y/N went to Vale for spending their weekend on The Vytal Festival...

As they were enjoying their walk, they crossed path with Vale Police Department blocking an area where a shop got robbed...

However, the shop didn't have any dusts but only money, that makes the detectives more confused on why anyone would've stole dusts instead of money...

Y/N talked with these two detectives and offered to investigate the case with the V.P.D. to find out who the responsible is...

After making the deal, the knight went back only to find Weiss and Blake arguing about White Fang's intentions for equals between humans and faunus...

A monkey faunus appeared at the wrong time and started to run away from the cops after trespassing, stealing and humiliating a detective...

Weiss and the others tried to keep up and chase the monkey, unfortunately for them, they ran into a ginger haired girl named Penny Polendina...

Y/N immediately recognized the girl as she also recognized him by giving him a back cracking bear hug, which the knight returned the gesture with a gentle hug of his own...

After Penny and Team RWBY introduced each other, Weiss asked Penny where the "ruffian" is, that caused Blake to argue against the Schnee once again...

Time passed by, it was nighttime, Y/N was heading back to his dorm after catching up with Penny, as soon as he was close to the room, he saw Blake with tears in her eyes without her hairband, exposing her cat ears trails...

Y/N got frustrated about how Weiss treating faunus like her father does back at Atlas, so he decided to spend his night in a hotel back at Vale...

He then meet Blake at the fountain on the courtyard of the academy, the two of them were talking as Blake wanted to be alone for a while...

But as God- i mean Oum intended, the monkey faunus, named Sun Wukong, was also with the duo as they all went to Vale...

It is time for the cat spilling the beans to the knight...)

-Morning-
-3rd P.O.V.-

(As the screen turns on, Y/N, Blake and Sun were seen sitting on a table with drinks...

Blake was drinking her tea as Sun was constantly asking questions to Y/N about his title and semblance...

After the mood got lighten up a bit, Blake sets her cup of tea down on the table with her eyes closed...)

Blake: "...So, you want to know my secret?.."

Sun: "Oh look! She finally talks! And yes, i wanna know why you left your friends back there"

Y/N: "Patience is the key...Let her be"

Sun: "Right, Sorry y'all"

Blake: *sighs* "...It's fine..." *looks down at her cup* "...I-I used to be a member of the White Fang..."

(Sun spits his drink from the shock, Y/N on the other hand, he was surprised and yet his guts was telling him there's more than that...)