(Vol. 7) Chapter 61: From Business to Black Market

-3rd P.O.V.-
-Outside the Mine-
-Day Time-

(As the sun begins setting over the mountains around the abandoned Dust mine, four trucks drive up the road to the mine entrance, and Amity Colosseum floats toward the mine...

Two people are lying with binoculars somewhere in the area, one of whom is wearing a pin that resembles the one on Robyn Hill's scarf. Their binoculars bear the same symbol as the pin...

They both gaze up at the colosseum, before the one on the right resumes looking through his binoculars...

Soon after the trucks arrive at the mine entrance, Team RWBY, Team JNPR, Team (Y)MMN, Qrow Branwen and the Ace Operatives walk outside. Smiling, Marrow Amin looks at Clover Ebi and then attempts to put on a more serious demeanor...

Ruby, Jaune and Nora come together to gaze in dramatic admiration of the Ace-Ops, while Ren, Phyrra, Blake, Weiss and Yang watch the three with wide eyes...

Neo, Melanie and Miltia are also impressed by the Ace Ops' teamwork to get rid of the Geist Grimm.)

Nora: *high pitched* Aaaah!

(Jaune rushes over to Clover's side.)

Jaune: You guys were incredible!

(He switches to being in front of Clover and begins energetically gesturing as he talks.)

Jaune: Oh, the way you took down that Geist without needing to plan your tactics out, you just knew exactly what to do!

Clover: Well, Ace-Ops are hand-picked to perfectly compliment one another. So we can focus on our assets and leave our liabilities behind.

Marrow: Some of us are all asset, zero liability.

(He poses with a salute and a grin, looking at Jaune. Elm Ederne scoffs, catching Marrow's attention. He moves over to her, leaning in to confront her.)

Marrow: Wha-- Yeah? Think I've got some liabilities, Elm?

Elm: Your brains, for one

(Clover, Elm and Harriet laugh, and Marrow groans and pouts. The former three walk away.)

Vine: You did ask.

Y/N: Should've kept your mouth shut, mate.

(Vine and Y/N walk away, and Nora approaches Elm with wide eyes and a smile. Elm looks at her.)

Nora: Hi. Do you need a new best friend? *moving closer* Our pair name can be…

(Nora's eyes spark with pink electricity, and she lifts her hammer into the air with both hands. She is suddenly standing on an empty plane with a green tinted sky, with Elm standing nearby. Pink lightning strikes, while green and pink gradient text appears.)

Nora: *voice echoing dramatically* THUNDER THIGHS!!!

(Harriet watches this with a sigh, and Ruby runs over to her.)

Ruby: Perfect complementary teamwork. Oh, yeah, I want to have my friends' backs just like that.

Harriet: *raising an eyebrow* Friends?

Elm: *laughs* This isn't the schoolyard, kid.

(Behind Elm, Nora is still posed with her hammer in the air.)