(Vol. 3) Chapter 23: A Step Ahead of The Queen

-Narrator's P.O.V.-

(I must say, you did an excellent job to redeem yourself for keeping the readers wait for this long)

A/N: I know, i even changed the way i write this story to make less work since this series is getting more hate than love, which i get it and understand it but never give attention about it

(Be aware of what you are saying...We cannot risk to have you struck down because of that...)

A/N: Don't worry about it, i'm aware of these people, for now let's focus on this story

(Absolutely, i think we should not waste any more time than we've already wasted...

And besides...

The Forgotten Knight has a reunion with a certain former criminal...)

-Amity Colosseum-
-Doubles Round-
-3rd P.O.V.-

(As the screen turns on, the camera shows Emerald, Mercury, Coco and Yatsuhashi facing each other...

The latter was sitting on the ground with his legs crossed, meditating in the middle of the arena next to his team leader)

Port: On this Doubles Rounds we have, Emerald and Mercury from Haven, Versus, Coco and Yatsuhashi from Beacon!

Velvet: Good luck you two!

(As the sun was shining up at the sky, the entire audience were applauding at their first duos facing each other as the Doubles Rounds is officially started...

Team RWBY, JNPR, alongside with Fox and Velvet, they started cheering for the fashionista and her giant partner...

The Malachite Twins were seen sharing a bucket of popcorn as they were also cheering for Coco and Yatsuhashi...

Y/N and Neo were just looking at the "students", Emerald and Mercury, the former starts calling out Coco)

Y/N: Hey Coco!

Coco: *looks over* Y/N, remember that you own me for re-opening my favorite clothes store!

Y/N: Which is why i'm repaying the debt!

Yatsuhashi: *still has his eyes closed* You are too kind to repay your debt to our team leader, L/N

Y/N: All i can say is this, play smarter, not harder!

Coco: We'll keep that in mind

Mercury: That's not fair!

Y/N: All is fairness when it comes to a fight! Tournament or not, do what it comes natural to protect everyone!

Oobleck: *Voice Only* The Forgotten Knight sure knows how to phrase a quote like that!

Port: As our honorable student, he makes no mistakes! His skills and tactics are unremarkable!

Y/N: "So much for not rubbing off on me, huh..." as he thought...

(The Forgotten Knight spots the general of Atlas Military keeping his eyes on Emerald and Mercury...

He then noticed Y/N eyeing on him, giving the knight a nod as a signal about his visit to Torchwick is approved...