ONE

ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ

D A V I N A

Dark, vicious flames erupted behind me. This wasn't supposed to happen and now I know I am so screwed. But I never go down without a fight.

"I didn't fucking do anything," I yelled while two police officers yanked my arms behind my back and forced me up against their car.

I did.

"Davina Arden, you are under arrest. Anything you say and do can and will be used against you in court—"

I struggled against their harsh grip as handcuffs were fastened around my wrist. The last thing I fucking needed was to be arrested.

"I didn't fucking do anything," I spat, desperately trying to get away but these were two heavily built officers, about four times my size and I had no hope of getting away. I almost did and that's the most annoying thing right now.

"Stop struggling," one of them said and with a quick snap, the cuffs were secured and I was officially detained. Blue flashing lights caused hysteria in my tipsy gaze and it only heightened my rage. I was a heaving, breathless mess as they turned me around, my back hitting their cold car.

My dark hair fell in front of my eyes and I couldn't do anything about it. As aggravated as I was, I knew there wasn't anything I could do now, so I smiled, "No need to be so rough, boys."

The one with dirty blonde hair rolled his eyes, walked off and started talking into the walkie-talkie on his vest. The other stared at me, breathless from chasing me out of the high school and then dragging me back to their car.

"Fun night?" I grinned.

"Stop talking," he gripped my arm and yanked me forward and this time I didn't struggle. I'd accepted my fate. I knew I was fucked and I had no chances left.

"Get in," he opened the car door and I stood still, an innocent smile on my lips. Maybe I could dart into the woods and get away but these stupid fucking handcuffs—

"Don't make me ask again, Davina," he seethed, the authority in his tone loud and booming.

"I really hate sitting in police cars," I complained, "It's too crammed."

He stepped forward, gripped my arm and pushed me into the car. I groaned, annoyed that I couldn't do anything about his rough hold.

"This is your own fault, Davina," he placed a hand on my head as I was shoved into the vehicle, "I've had enough of your shit."

"I didn't do anything," I turned to look up at him as he slammed the door but the window was open. He lowered his body, resting his elbows on the car window.

"Then how did the school get set on fire?" he asked.

I grinned, "it was like that when I got here."

He groaned, a heavy annoyed sigh escaping his mouth as he stood and walked around the car and got into the driver's side as the other officer got into the passenger side. I looked out the window, smoke escaping into the night sky and I clenched my jaw, I almost got away.

As the car skidded into movement, fire engines were already out with hose pipes, attempting to put out my mess. I knew I should feel guilty but no one was inside and there was not an inch of remorse inside my black heart. That school served me no good and treated me like I was dog shit on the bottom of their shiny shoes.

Fuck them, I've gotten my revenge and that's all that matters.

___________________________________

Copyright © Kirsten Enn