THIRTEEN

ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ

D A V I N A

"Would either of you like to explain what that was about?" Mcgonagall asked from behind her desk in her office.

I sat in between Draco and Montague on her brown leather sofa that was placed in front of her desk. I felt like a mouse sitting between the two beasts of boys beside me. Their legs were spread as they slouched back on the sofa and I had no choice but to press my knees together to avoid grazing theirs. And I was well aware of how revealing my skirt was.

"Neither of you have an explanation for me?" Mcgonagoll stood with her hands on her hips and raised brows.

"Malfoy started it," Montague seethed through the venom spiraling in his words.

God, what are you, twelve?

Draco scoffed out a laugh, "Grow up."

Exactly what I was thinking.

Montague was about to speak, most likely say something else childish but I cut him off and leant forward, hands resting on my knees, "I have got nothing to do with this—"

"Oh, you certainly do have everything to do with this, Davina," Mcgonagoll interrupted me, "these two idiots were fighting because of you."

"What?" I rasped.

"I've seen it plenty of times," Mcgonagoll began, "two boys, fighting because there's a pretty girl in the middle."

I almost laughed, "These two boys were fighting because they have too much testosterone."

Montague laughed. Actually laughed like I had said the most hilarious thing in the world.

Draco however sighed, "Can we get this over with?"

"Sorry, Mr Malfoy do you have something you need to do?" Mcgonagall chuckled in an authoritative way.

"Yes, actually I do," he replied and with that tone, I turned my head and looked at him. For a moment I was almost taken aback by how attractive he was when he shifted his dark gaze to meet my eyes. I ripped apart our stare but the chill stuck to my skin and I couldn't help but wonder what a loner like Draco would get up to.

"I advise you, Draco and all three of you," Mcgonagoll started, "—to keep your snarky comments and attitude at bay." Mcgonagoll's eyes darted to Draco and then to Montague, "You boys both know what could be the worse punishment for your behaviour."

"We'd really get sent to The Tower over a fistfight?" Montague blurted, his chill-anger suddenly tensed.

The Tower is the place that everyone and even Montague seem afraid of. And I am sitting here as clueless as ever.

"That is not up to me," Mcgonagoll raised her chin and was that guilt and sorrow narrowing her eyes.

"Then who is it up to?" Draco spoke, his voice deep and dark. Carelessly brutal as always. Just as Mcgonagoll was about to respond, three knocks echoed and the room seemed to become colder, more intense.