TWENTY TWO

ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ

G H O S T F A C E

Something cold and vicious slithered up my spine. Something animalistic shined in my eyes and made my fingers tighten around my blade. Seeing her covered in Montague's blood made me want to do such terrible things. The dark red blood was covering her face so beautifully and the fact that she just watched.

It was like she was enjoying the show.

My partner Raven, that wasn't his real name of course. It was a code name. To allow us to remain anonymous. Raven lowered, his black cloak surrounding him, lying smoothly on the leafy ground.

Montague was choking, coughing after having the wind knocked out of him. By Me. It was impossible not to grin. It was a shame he wouldn't see my joy from his pain.

"Your friend, Adrian, was far less annoying than you," Raven said, dragging his blade down Montague's cheek, "And although he was terrified he never once begged for our mercy."

"Adrian was a pussy," Montague seethed, "you did him a favor. He wanted to die, you bastard."

Davina—lovely Davina who was covered in blood narrowed her eyes at Montague, disgust filling those pretty blue eyes.

"He was your friend," she blurted.

Raven looked at her. I tensed. "You should be more considerate like her," Raven said to Montague.

Montague laughed, loudly, "Don't tell me she's fucking you two too?" he laughed more, "God, Davina how much of a slut are you?"

I was going to enjoy killing this prick.

"You are brave for someone who is about to be murdered," Davina said, quiet like a little mouse but her words were filled with venom and hate.

He smiled at Davina, "Nothing to lose. And I will die peacefully knowing you will be dying with me."

Raven admired his blood-dripping blade in front of him as he said, "Davina is special. We're saving her for last. It is only you who will be dying tonight. And it won't be peaceful."

Finally, his smile was wiped off his face and fear paled his face. Blood still poured from his forehead and cheek. Raven gripped his shoulder and then punched his face. Hard and fast. And he did it again. And again.

It was a pleasant thing to watch.

Davina watched too, her eyes squinting and her body slightly flinching at each punch. I watched her carefully, waiting for her to run. And as much as I would enjoy chasing her through these woods, she had to remain here.

I looked back over at Montague and saw Raven force a blade through his stomach. Montague yelled in agony. I smiled. I stepped forward, approaching my. . . partner and gripped his shoulder. He was getting carried away and hogging all the fun. He pulled his blade from Montague's stomach and turned to me, standing to his feet.

"Slowly," he said, panting, "make it nice and slow. Painful too."

I nodded my head but turned my head to Davina, a yell escaping her mouth. I looked over my partner's shoulder and saw Montague, the tough son of a bitch, had hold of her leg, just above her knee. She attempted to kick him with her over leg but Montague held it down.

It was then I noticed the rock in his hand. I moved past my partner fast. He held it high about to smash it down on her pretty face.

I grabbed Montague's arm and with my blade, I slit his wrist, blood poured from his skin, soaking Davina. I grabbed the rock, as an agonizing scream escaped his mouth and then I kicked him to the ground, his large body thudding down beside Davina. Again.