TWO

ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ

D A V I N A

I envied the birds flying high in the sky above the trees. I envied the effortless freedom they had and the possibility they possessed of flying anywhere in the world. I wished I could be as free as a bird but instead, I'm on my way to the dungeons of Hogwarts school—a boarding school for "troubled" teens, hidden in a forest somewhere in Scotland.

I'd say this wasn't my fault but I'd be lying, I've sentenced myself to this hell. I was reckless and got caught, arrested and then went to court. The judge decided Hogwarts would be the best place for me but I think she just took pity on my back story—drug addict mother and an absent father.

My mum cared more about sticking a needle in her arm than where I went after school or the grown men I lied about my age to and slept with. Now I'm nineteen years old and I should be going to University and starting my life, but instead, I'm on my way to a boarding school, which I suppose is better than a real prison.

I didn't even do anything wrong. Everyone is dramatic.

The school wouldn't have been set on fire if my Art teacher didn't try and shove his small dick inside me—and then threaten me with every bad thing I'd done. I was only meant to burn his class and all his precious artwork but you know how fires are—they spread and they spread quickly.

I ran and I ran and I ran but those two fucking police officers caught me. I then spent the summer Juvy, waiting for court and now that's over—I'm on my way to hell. And if this art teacher is a perv also, I won't set the school alight, I'll just set fire to him.

I'm permitted to attend this boarding school for one year and after the year, my case will be reviewed and the rest of my future will be decided. That is only if I'm a good girl and didn't get into any trouble. I have three warnings and if I use them all up—I'll be in court again and that's not fucking happening again.

It stank like sweaty old men and old furniture and I had to sit there for hours. I'd rather throw myself into a fiery, painful hell and die a slow death.

"We're almost there, Arden," the driver let me know as he caught my eyes in the front mirror.

"Thanks, Stevey," I smiled. Stevey and I had gotten to know each other on the long car drive here and I asked if I could call him Stevey and he agreed, well not really but the handsome grump hasn't complained—yet. His actual name is Steven but that's too proper for me.

Stevey informed me he is one of the school's drivers and has been for years. He even warned me that some of the punishments can be brutal but when I asked more he didn't say. If he was trying to scare me—it didn't work—I don't scare easily.

"Take in your last moments of freedom," Stevey announced, "We've arrived."

I looked out the front window and was welcomed to large metal gates with two guards standing on guard. Stevey slowed the car and one of the guards approached, he wore all black, like a military uniform but it was black, like death.

"Do they have guns?" I questioned, not frighteningly, but more curiously. It'll be harder to escape if the guards have guns and those gates and the walls that surrounded the school—Jesus—you would have to be a ninja to climb those.