THIRTY NINE (!!!)

ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ

D A V I N A

Never once did I think that I would feel jealousy. But recently I've been feeling the wretched emotion more than I like to admit. I felt it earlier today when I was looking at the dresses and wishing I could look different and more desirable like the other girls. And I felt it again when I walked into the great hall and saw a pretty blonde standing beside Draco's table. Students passed me, so unaware of the impure rage silently boiling inside of me. I stood, still under the light of the hall and so unaware of this dark feeling.

It doesn't mean a thing, I told myself but still  I approached, my feet moving one by one with irritant anger by my side. The pretty blonde was short, her skirt revealed toned legs and her blouse was tight around her chest giving enough to one's imagination of her full breasts. She was everything that I wasn't. Maybe this jealousy was fueled by my insecurity or maybe it was fear that Draco might look at her in the way that he looks at me.

I was a bore compared to her.

Draco and I have no relationship. Yes, there is an obvious attraction and my heart may beat a little faster when I am with him but we had no relationship. He wasn't mine. And I wasn't his. Draco is free to talk to anyone. Kiss anyone. Fuck anyone. As was I.

But whatever little connection we had, I wanted it all. And I couldn't have pretty blonde things getting in my way.

I stood behind her—she even smelled divine, a lovely floral scent. Too strong. Too desperate. And the way she stood, leaning one arm on the table, her perfect legs crossed letting Draco know that he could look. Could touch. But he wasn't. He was looking at her eyes with utter boredom.

It was a relief that I felt warm in my chest and in that same second, Draco's eyes turned to mine and they frowned a little less.

"But I'm the best company," the girl said, voice sweet, "surely you don't want to be alone."

"He won't be alone," I spoke and watched her stand up straight and look over her shoulder like she couldn't believe I dared interrupt her.

She fluttered her lashes and smiled but there was wickedness in her blue eyes, "oh, surely not her." She looked at me head to toe, "You do know what everyone has been saying about her, right?"

Did he know? My eyes flicked down to Draco who sat with a clenched jaw. Wait, what would he know? Was this girl referring to me being a slut? Or was it something else?

"What is everyone saying about me?" I looked back at the girl with a calm, careless face but there was a sprinkle of worry in my tone.

She turned back to me, eyes slowly falling down to my feet and disapproval in her scoff as she looked back up to my eyes, she huffed out a laugh and leaned her face forward, "They're saying  you're the killer."

My throat bobbed. Do people really think I'm the killer? I looked down at Draco who was now a little more tense and he had sat up straighter. No, he was really tense now. Did he think so too?

She clicked her tongue, "You sure do look a little guilty."

"That's ridiculous," I said back and tried my best to laugh a little.

"Is it?" she raised a perfectly arched brow, "Suddenly students are dropping dead as soon as you join here—"

"Fuck off and shove your accusations and tits in someone else's face," Draco had stood and was between me and the pretty blonde thing. A few students had taken notice and watched with entertained eyes. Uh oh, the school's loner and killer ganging up on an innocent pretty blonde girl.