SIXTEEN

ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ

D R A C O

She was pretty when she cried. Especially with that blood smeared on her cheekbone. I had followed her with an uncontrolled mind, a foolish one too. I stood staring at her, all trail of thought gone because I was so taken aback, seeing her cry, all broken and messy. A fragile little thing she must be.

I walked closer to her, slightly grinning as I realized she wasn't stepping back. I stood still when our feet were inches apart, I was tall and so was she but I still towered over her. I liked that. Being this close to her, I noticed she had freckles splattered all over her face, and saw how naturally rosey her cheeks were. She raised her chin to meet my eyes and didn't seem the least intimidated. . . Far different from the way she looked at me the other night—

"What?" Davina snarled.

I wanted to step closer. I wanted to intimidate her and I wanted to wrap my arms around her and hold her close to my chest—No, I know what I want to do with her. To her—and it certainly isn't that.

"I'm starting to think you are just as creepy as everyone says," she seethed below me. I couldn't help the smile that pulled up my lips.

"What, you didn't believe them before?" I asked her, trying to ignore the hardness growing in my jeans from her angry little self.

She giggled, raised her brows and I don't think she realized tears still fell down her pretty pink cheeks, "I don't believe anything."

I don't think she cried often.

"You're bleeding," I looked down at her hands, frowning sinisterly.

"So are you," she scoffed, blinking once.

I met her eyes again and said, "Come with me."

I turned and I didn't know if she would follow me but I had a strange feeling that she just wouldn't be able to help herself. I also didn't know why I was doing what I was about to do. This isn't following the plan. This isn't how—

"Where are we going?" she asked, her voice was distant, but curious, like watching a butterfly flutter in the sky.

I looked over my shoulder to see she was walking behind me a step to the right and I said, "You will see."

"Okay," she sighed tiredly, sounding so unlike the snarky new girl I hate, with a wicked tongue, devilish eyes and sexy long legs—She said okay, like she didn't care where I Was taking her, she just. . . accepted whatever her fate would be.

I walked into the dark medical wing, the smell of medicine and a dusty old smell filling my nose. I walked over to one of the beds and opened the cabinet before it, pulling out bandages and wound sprays.

"Why here?" she asked, looking around the lonely wing.

"You're bleeding," I looked up at her like it wasn't obvious what I was doing. She looked down at her hands like she had forgotten. I quickly washed my hands under the nearby sink, ridding the dried blood away to reveal about a dozen new cuts on my scarred hands.