FIVE

ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ

D A V I N A

I wasn't expecting to walk into one of the most beautiful rooms I had ever seen. The dinner hall looked more like a great hall where one might host an extravagant ball or maybe even some royal wedding. High-sculpted ceilings created by whom I'd assume were Gods with that amount of detail.

Tables were scattered across the hall and each one was filled with students. I didn't notice their stares nor did I care—I was too mesmerised by this beautiful place.

But then my eyes lowered from the ceilings and saw a long table at the bottom of the hall where Harrington sat in the middle. His eyes met mine and instant chills coated my entire body, he raised his hand, waving slightly.

I just turned away, following Pansy to the table where Blaise, Theo and Adrian were all sitting and two others who I didn't know. A pretty blonde girl and a tall guy with black hair.

"Ah, hello again, Davina," Blaise smiled, and I swear that smile could make any girl drop to their knees.

I smiled but if I was being honest, it was forced. I'm not a people person, I like the loneliness and peace that comes with it. At my old school during lunch, I'd find a quiet corner and smoke the cigarette I'd have hidden in my bra.

"Hello, my name is Daphne," the pretty blonde smiled and I was almost taken aback by her chaotic, bold joy. She had long, blonde hair, blushed cheeks and wide blue eyes.

"Davina," I smiled back.

"You're so pretty," she said, resting her chin on her hand.

Before I could thank her she turned her head and gripped the tall guy with black hair, "This is my boyfriend, Montague."

Montague was leaning back in his chair with his large arm resting on the back of Daphne's chair. His eyes met mine and I hated that I loved the way he was looking at me—like he hated me.

He was the opposite of Daphne, she radiated bright, joyous energy whereas he was dark and had a look in his which could scare anyone. She was a rose and he was the thorn that grew on the stem.

"What got you locked up in this loony bin then?" he asked me, his voice was just as deep as I expected it to be. And even though his girl was right beside him, he let his gaze fall down to my legs and took no shame in knowing I watched him do it.

"Yes, what did you do Miss Arden?" Theo raised a brow and everyone at this table was clearly eager to find out my darkest secrets, but those I'll take to my grave.

"I set my school on fire," I said plainly and then added, ". . . accidentally."

Adrian chuckled as he sipped his glass of water and everyone else seemed amused.

"Accidentally?" Pansy questioned, dazzling curiosity in her eyes.

"I was only meant to set one classroom on fire but It got a bit out of hand," I explained, "I tried to run but was caught and arrested. Now I'm here."

"Why just one class?" Daphne asked.

"The teacher was a perv," I shrugged, there was more to it but I'm not one to go into detail about my life, "—so I destroyed everything he held dear to him—he was an art teacher and all that artwork was his life. Now it's all in ashes."