TWELVE

ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ

D A V I N A

I've always been attracted to the darkness and to all the dangerous freaks I have met on my small adventure of life. Whether that's been, drug dealers or the older men I slept with for money or the lonely emos who I'd talk to during lunch or skip classes with. I was never sexually attracted to them but I always found it was the dark ones I became friendly with.

The dark ones always interested me and I found each and every person had a story to tell. I don't believe murder is always the solution to problems but I do believe we have a reason for the things that we do. Or maybe that is what I tell myself to feel better.

As I walked to my first class alone this morning, I knew I wasn't going to tell a soul what happened between. . . Ghostface and me. I should—he killed Adrian and by the sounds of it, he has an entire list. A list that I am on.

There are shadows in my blood and secrets in my veins—both mine and others secrets. I am a lot of things but I am no rat. Maybe he is tormenting all his victims and one of them can tell someone. Who would I even tell? Harrington? The police? If there even is a police station near here that is.

I kept my head down, wondering if it was one of the students who walked by me. We're all psychopaths here and all of us could kill because of that fucked up part in our brains.

I walked into History and saw Pansy already sitting at a table with Daphne and Montague. Pansy waved to me and I smiled as best I could and made my way to her.

"Hey," she smiled, "you weren't at breakfast?"

As I sat down, I noticed the way Montague was eyeing me, even though Daphne was clinging to his muscled arm.

"I slept in," I said to Pansy, looking away from Montague and his eyes eye-fucking me. Pansy smiled just as our History teacher, Mcgonagall walked in and the class slowly fell silent.

It is such a shame that I have to sit in a classroom when I should be done with school. I should be out in the world, exploring all the great wonders life has to offer. But instead, I'm sitting in a prison school with a bunch of criminals and freaks. And a boy who looks like he is as hard as a stick staring at me.

I wonder if good grades matter in this school. Because nothing that Mcgonagall said during History went into my head. In fact, the lesson was over before I knew it had begun.

After history class, I walked out alone. Daphne and Pansy were too busy with conversation and I had no interest in waiting for them to be done gossiping. I was glad that they didn't involve me in whatever they were discussing.

"Where are you running off to?" I felt a strong arm wrap around my waist. I turned and met the eyes of Montague.

"English," I lied.

His dark chuckle filled my ears, "We don't have English today."

He was right. We didn't have English but I just wanted to be alone and for him to fuck off.

"We have a free period now," he said and I knew exactly what he was hoping for, "how about we find a quiet corner somewhere?"

I removed his hand from my waist, "Are we fuck buddies now?" I asked him, "Is that what this is between us?"