TWENTY

ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ

D A V I N A

I had been contemplating going to the Halloween party tonight. The last couple of days have been. . . eventful. Montague made sure to stay away from me in front of teachers but Pansy and Daphne made sure to call me slut every time they saw me, with Blaise and Theo laughing behind them. The lovely word now ingrained into my identity.

I ignored them. It was all stupid and pathetic and I refused to let any of it affect me. Every time I heard the word slut, it only made me hate Montague even more, it reminded me how badly I wanted to ruin him.

I fantasized about killing him. The most recent being—we were in an apocalyptic world, infested with zombies and other gruesome beasts. A world where laws and police no longer existed. I'd hunt Montague down, cut his hands off and then feed him to the dead. Watch him scream and beg for my mercy. And I'd only smile at him, just like how he smiles at me.

But that was all a fantasy.

And I was living in a cruel reality. And I needed a drink or two.

So it was no hard decision when I decided to go to the party.

Which now meant I needed a costume however it was nine o'clock on a Friday night. I had nothing but what I brought with me. Students had been talking and from the sounds of it, they all dressed up, in costumes and all sorts. This was the one party they risked so it made sense to dress the best and make every detail dramatic. Make every moment of the night count.

I wanted to blend in tonight. I wanted to be unnoticed. I just needed a few drinks. Maybe a cigarette too if I could find one.

So I begun rummaging through my belongings.

— ♱ —

I found a pair of black lace tights and decided to work around them. They were sexy and complimented my long, lean legs excellently. Next, I found a black dress, one of the few dresses I bought with me. Well, I bought everything I owned with me so I wouldn't have to go back to my wretched home town. I didn't own much, which meant packing was easy.

The black dress was short and reached just above my mid-thigh. The hem was loose but hugged my waist perfectly. It was long-sleeved, and the soft tight material was comfortable and flattering. It was off the shoulder too, showing off my sharp collarbones. I paired the dress with a silver cross necklace I had found in one of the few places I liked in my hometown, a small witchy shop that always smelled like incense sticks.