ELEVEN

ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ

D A V I N A

Being raised by cold eyes taught me not to cry. Tears are useless, a hopeless but helpless act, one which we can not control but one we hope will bring us peace. A way we use to express emotions. However, if I cried, I was ignored or called weak. Pathetic. Crying never helped me. Only made me feel worse.

So eventually I was unable to cry. I learned how to shove away those dark, sad feelings and keep them hidden from not only others but myself as well.

But for some reason, the raindrops splattering on my face and running down my cheeks awfully felt like tears and comforted me. As I walked out of the church, with the need to be. . . seen by someone aching in my chest, I started up at the gray clouds, watching the rain full when a figure walking up the hill caught my eye.

I continued walking, cutting through the trees and reaching the hill where the hooded person ventured up. They seemed in a hurry and it also appeared that they just came from the back of the church. Strange. Considering Stevey had also been in the back when I walked in.

Had I disturbed something?

The hill was dark and foggy with rain so I couldn't quite tell who the person was. I was too curious and bored to simply walk away and mind my own business, so I stepped out of the forest and approached the hooded figure. By the way the figure walked and the clothes they were wearing, I could tell they were male.

And as I walked up the hill, the hooded figure turned his head and I saw the tip of his sharp jaw. Rain splattered down on him, and I felt chills crawl up my spine. He knew I was following him, I should walk away.

But I couldn't.

He reached the castle grounds, walking through the large cobblestone gates and into the courtyard when suddenly, he came to a sudden halt. Rain was still hammering down upon us and the dark clouds were still roaring with thunder above us.

"Do you visit church often?" the words had left my mouth before I could think them through. And I instantly regretted them when he turned around.

First, I saw his white hair which was slightly darker because it was damp. His face was a little rosy from the cold but his sharp features still made my body tense and my breathing became harder. His eyes narrowed down on me. Was that amusement I saw glistening in his eyes as they fell down my body?

Draco's lips pulled up into a slight grin, "I wasn't at church."

Liar.

"Just wandering the woods in the rain then?" I asked him.

Draco casually put his hands in his pockets and said, ignoring my question, "What do you want?"

I wondered if I should lie too, not that I had anything to hide, "I took myself on a walk."

"In the rain?"

"I like the rain."

His answering silence told me enough. He thought I was a weirdo. But then he spoke, "It's not smart being out alone when there's a murderer running around."