FIFTY ONE

ᴘᴏᴛɪʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪᴛ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ

D R A C O

Leaving Davina, caged up like an animal, was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Stevey knew it, he almost didn't let me come with him, but he slapped some sense into me. Literally. He reminded me of that core-tightening desire for fear, power and high of killing. I remembered how much I had loved playing with my little mouse in the beginning.

And it's sinister because the second that mask comes on. I'm lethal. My mind turns brutal and it's dangerous how it makes me feel.

Stevey has been there for me, he practically raised me and he saw the rage that sizzled inside of me, he saw it and showed me how to embrace it. Just as he did.

I knew I was fucked up, I knew it even more when I saw Davina in the cell, all sweaty and weak. A part of me wanted to burn the school down to a pile of ash and the other part of me, the darker side, admired her. I wanted her. I had her, even with the fear in her eyes, she had no idea she was all mine.

I felt twisting insanity inside my head, knowing she was so scared of Ghostface but for me, for Draco, oh she likes me so much. I liked her so much too. I love her.

She crawled forward, on her hands and knees in the wet dirt. She spoke such brave, fearless words. So daring and careless. She parted her precious lips and I poured the water into her mouth. The water spilt and dripped down her lips and down her breasts.

I watched. I admired.

Until I saw her small wrist wrapped in purple bruises. Fiery rage burned through my bloodâ€"just knowing she was in pain hurt me. Killing Lainey and Bo may not be a part of our plan but I will kill them just for that.

Stevey said those words, that he was having second thoughts. Davina's pretty brows furrowed but I knew what he meant. The plan was to kill her in the end. Mess with her and then kill her. I've known that from her first day here.

But he said he was having second thoughts about her. She is growing on him. I think he saw the potential in her. That daring darkness that glows in her eyes. I see it all the time. She is like us. She is like me.

She said it herself, "would've been fun." Her eyes glowed. Such a brave girl.

I refused to leave her down there, all alone in damp, dark loneliness. My knuckles are bruised, the moment I found out after that stupid assembly. After I saw her being dragged away I was so angry that I punched the wall a dozen times.

"How are we doing this then?" I asked Stevey as we reached the dark hallway of the first floor. Taking off our masks and putting them inside our cloaks.

"I was thinking you'll be the bait," Stevey said, turning to me as we strode eagerly. The sun will be rising soon, we don't have much time. And we both didn't want her down there long. She's already been down there almost two days.

This morning I saw Lainey and Bo talking with Blaise and Theo. I didn't have time to find out why.

"How?" I asked.

"This is Daphne Greengrass," Stevey said as if that was answer enough, "you said it yourself, she's deluded, insane, and always wanting to spread her legs for pretty bad boys."

"She used to shoplift with a bunny mask on," I said, "when I was friends with them, she tried to sleep with me every day." As the words left my mouth I realized why I was going to be the bait.

"Exactly, she likes pretty bad boys such as yourself," Stevey said. We rounded a corner and he continued, "So you find her, seduce her and out I come and the fun will begin."