FIFTY SEVEN

ᴘᴏᴛɪʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪᴛ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ

D A V I N A

Everything has been quiet. Apart from the music playing in my earphones as I walk to dinner, the little speakers playing 'Into The Black' by Chromatics. It's been a repeated song playing through the MP3 player I've had for years and years. A stolen gift from one of the Emo's at my high school. Oh, how I miss how recklessly, easy life was. Life was just as unfortunate but it was easier.

I think about those days often. Those days are also gone and there's no point in thinking about them. I'm glad they are over, now I just need to get these days over with.

Everything has been quiet. Still. Silent. Nothings happened. And it's been that way for an entire week. No sign of either Ghostface, no bullying students. Nothing. I've gone to classes, sat in them and took nothing in. It's all a repeat of my high school years. It's a waste of time. I'm a criminal. I should be locked in a cell or an asylum. Not in a school with other criminals trying to redeem ourselves or attempt to make us into a better person.

It's punishment. It's boring.

Just one year, I keep telling myself. But it's all bullshit. I'll be dead. Murdered. Buried in the woods. I'll forever be at this school.

It's Hell.

There is no point trying to learn anything or better myself. Trying to atone for my sins—which I tried and made me feel no better. I feel nothing. I am nothing.

"Davina, focus," the teachers keep telling me, "you need to concentrate." "Keep your head in the class."

It was all just words echoing in my head and I was not there. Not present. I envied the students at this school who laughed and made the most out of their time here like this was normal. None of this was fucking normal.

Draco had noticed the exhaustion in my eyes. You couldn't miss it, it's obvious, it's quite literally eating away at me. I knew that. I've had to look at myself decaying every morning. I'm a ghost. Draco hasn't said anything. He is just as exhausted, just as bored. I'm glad he doesn't want to talk about it because I don't even have the energy to try and explain it without telling him about Ghostface. I don't want to lie to him. I don't have the guts to tell him I won't be here soon.

I will be in a nameless grave. A pathetic forgotten grave. So it doesn't matter.

He stares at me a lot though. I kiss him so I don't have to see those sad, tired eyes of his and so he doesn't have to see mine. We walk together, eat together, and sleep together. But barely talk. He always has a hand on me, and it always makes me feel safe. Protected. Loved.

No one notices us. No one talks to us.

We're the freaks.

And we don't care.

Theo, Blaise and Pansy have avoided my eyes like I am a plague. Like if they look at me, they'll be killed. It's honestly quite amusing. I wonder what they think. They know I am not the killer but they must suspect I have something to do with them. I must do for the killers to save me from their attempted murder.

Little do they know, I'm in the same boat, wondering the same thing and counting down my days. They have stayed quiet as of yet. And if they are smart they will keep their mouths shut. I've seen them kill and I'm surprised they granted them mercy. They are brutal, vicious and they don't hesitate.

I reach the dining hall and Draco isn't at our table. I keep my earphones in, pretending like I am invisible as I grab a plate of food and sit at the table. I don't know where Draco is but I have nothing else to do but wait for him.