FORTY FIVE

ᴘᴏᴛɪʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪᴛ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ

ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀʟʟ | ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

D R A C O

I want to kill Theo. I want his blood on my hands tonight, I want to watch his life fade from his eyes as I take his life. I want him to know it was me. I want him to beg for my mercy. All I see is the way he kept looking at Davina. All I can feel is the burning rage inside of me, desperate to be unleashed. But Stevey is right, if we want to keep this up, to stick to our plan, then we can't keep killing the same friend group. We have to switch it up.

I walk through the hall, trying to choose a victim but it's hard to kill with no motive, with no hatred for that person. Sure, it's easy to just pick a sorry sod from this hall, lure them away and kill them. But it's not just anyone I want. It's Theo. Or Pansy.

As I wandered out of the great hall, I heard a name. A name that shouldn't be on just anyone's lips. Davina. I paused instantly and discreetly hid behind a pillar as I listened.

"Davina? That's her name?" A boy asked. He had dirty blonde hair, so short, he might as well be bold.

"Yeah," his friend replied, a ginger-haired boy who both sounds and looks high. Ron fucking Weasly. A kid who annoys the fuck out of me—him and his druggy friends.

"You know her?" the bold kid asked, he was tall and I could tell he had a muscular build by his tight-fitting suit. I have no doubt he bought it like that on purpose.

"Sorta," Ron replied and my head turned to the side curiously, "we spoke for a bit at that Halloween party. . . She's pretty cool."

Do I have a victim? Ron or this bold fucker who is staring at Davina sitting at a table with Cécilia like she is his next meal.

"Pretty cool huh?" bold fucker asked, "You think I have a chance with her tonight?"

Ron sighed, a scoff in his voice as he said, "No I don't, Archie," ah bold fucker is Archie Hayes, "I'm pretty sure she's with Malfoy now. As in together, together and you know what Malfoy is like."

Ron, even fucked up with a weed head has more of a brain than Archie.

"Is that so?" Archie asked, his voice deepening, "Well, I don't see him."

"Do you have a death wish?" Ron asked his friend I could feel my rage heightening and my fists clenched at my side. I looked back over at Davina who was drinking from a cup while Cécilia laughed at something.

"If Malfoy was smart he wouldn't leave his girl alone while looking like that," Archie said.

"Jesus," Ron mumbled and it sounded as though he was fed up, "I don't think Davina would go anywhere with you. Don't be a weirdo."

Archie only laughed. God, I could kill him right here.

"She's drinking a lot of that punch your brothers laced—" I looked back over at Davina. She is. Fuck. You silly girl, Davina. I should have told her about the punch. Fuck. "—I bet it'd be real fucking easy to lead her out of this hall and straight to my dormitory."

It was as if something clicked in my brain. Suddenly, all I could see was red. What the fuck did he just say? My fingers twitched in a clenched fist and that murderous rush consumed me.