FORTY FOUR

ᴘᴏᴛɪʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪᴛ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ

ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀʟʟ | ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ

D A V I N A

Stevey is a strange man. There was something about him that was terrifying, yet so attractive. Not just his handsome face and the muscular body I knew he had—I could tell by his strong hands and the way his clothes tightened on his arms. But he was attractive also in the way that I wanted to be with him, that he oddly made me feel safe and cared for but he was strange.

So secretive. So strange.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I turned away from Stevey's eyes and let Draco lead me to wherever he was taking me. My pulse picked up, hammering like a storm and anticipation grew inside of me. The upbeat Violin and piano became a distant foggy sound when he led me out onto the balcony and closed the door, he stepped beside me to do so, and I caught a whiff of his musky scent.

I suddenly felt hypnotic. Flimsy.

Then he was pulling my hand toward him and he forced my back against the wall. A gasp escaped my lips at the sudden roughness. I looked up into his eyes, my knees feeling weak. A second passed and then I felt just how eager he was when his lips crashed into mine.

A rapid, wild kiss. Quick. Desperate. I felt his hands all over my body, touching me everywhere he could. And I gripped his hair, stepping on my tip toes and arched myself further into his touch and kiss. He kissed me so deeply, so rough, that I could tell just how fucking desperate he was for me.

He pulled away from my lips at the sound of the door beside us opening, the music becoming loud again for a moment. And I met Pansy's eyes. Then Blaise's and then Theo's.

Draco's grip tightened and we still stood so intimately close. Not to mention how breathless we were.

We'd been caught.

"Looks like we interrupted something," Pansy said, her lips curing up into a grin. She wore an emerald green strapless dress with a high slit. And the two boys wore black suits. Daphne wandered out in a deep blue dress with thick straps and her eyes gleamed when she saw Draco and I. Like we were their entertainment for tonight.

I looked away from them. I wasn't embarrassed, I was simply bored and could not be bothered to deal with their shit. They always seem to be ruining everything.

Daphne closed the balcony door and there was that blissful silence again, until she spoke, "Oh, shit."

I looked back over at the group but it was Theo's eyes that I was drawn to. Mainly because he was staring at me, scowling in my direction and in a way which made me feel sick. Not only was there hatred in his brown eyes but there was desire. Longing.

"Are you all wanting to watch?" Draco asked them, his voice so clear with vicious rage. His voice was so much more deeper and full of hate, so different from the voice I was used to.

Blaise snickered.

"Oh, please, don't flatter yourself," Pansy snarled, stepping forward and her crowd following behind her.

Draco straightened, hands gently on my waist. Warming my body as my hands pressed into the wall behind me.

"Is there something you wanted?" Draco asked, careless but clearly wanting them to piss off so we could go back to kissing.