Chapter 3

Chapter 3

He took the seat next to me. Seriously? Can't he just take another seat? Luckily he didn't have time to annoy me. The teacher went in. He is probably in his early 20s.

Beside me, he took out a sunglasses. The teacher looked at him.

"Mr. Austin, please tell me you didn't come to my class with a hangover," he said.

"Nah, I just wore it to piss you off, Mr. Devine," he said the 'Mr. Devine' in a very disrespectful tone.

There was some snorts and chuckles. Wow, he is so rude.

"Now you have accomplished that, take it off," Mr. Devine ordered.

He laughed and then took off his sunglasses. Mr. Devine looked at him disapprovingly. I tried my best to pay attention to classes. But I know that my ass seatmate is staring at me. 20 or so minutes have passed and I can't take it anymore. I whipped my head to face him. He chuckled as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I hissed at him.

"I just noticed that my seatmate is hot," he teased cheekily.

"Stop staring!" I whispered shouted at him.

"No can do, babe. My eyes are having a blast," he then eyed my chest.

"You are a pervert," I said.

"So why are you blushing?" He questioned.

"Shut up." I turned back to class and saw that Mr. Devine is seated checking some papers. I looked around and saw that the others were talking to each other. Oh, no. Just no.

Ass chuckled beside me. Yeah, I call him ass. That's because he's an ass.

"We're doing a project by pair," he informed me.

"Why am I so unfortunate to be partnered with you?" I asked.

"You want me to be your partner?" He asked in a fake surprise. "Well, I am so honored."

I stared at him wide eyes. "What do you mean? We can choose our partners?"

He nodded at me with a mischievous smirk on his perfect face. I started to scan the room and see who are the other available people. I cannot work with a person that ticks me off.

"If you're looking for available people. There is George, who is drooling over you," he said pointing over to a guy who is staring at me. "And there is Hannah, who will likely kill you."

I'm out of options.

"I'll take my chances with Hannah," I told him.

"Good luck with that, Alex."

I whipped my head back to him. "How do you know my name?"

He laughed. "People are talking about you. I mean a popular guy on you awhile ago. That has to be a hot topic."

"Drew is my best friend," I augured.

"I know. I know Drew. And I saw what happened. But there are a lot of lying bitches here," he said. He wasn't teasing. And this side of him is actually someone I can work with.

"Okay, I hope you got your partners. I'll be asking you to be working with them for the whole year. So take this time to be best buds with your partner," Mr. Devine announced.

Ass smirked at me. I groaned. He was making small talks with me so I can't choose any other partner. I sat down knowing that I have no choice.

"You are so annoying!" I hissed at him.

He laughed. "I've been told, sweetie."

"Why don't you try to stop? It's freaking-"

"See? We're getting to know each other," he said cutting me off. Which I may add as rude.

"No! We barely know each other! We haven't met! Except for our bump with each other at the airport and you're cocky welcoming to me at the office." He started to laugh as he watched me in amusement. "I don't know your name."

"Ask."

"What?"

"Ask. I'll answer and I'll ask you a question too. Like 20 questions," he said.

And I must say, it isn't a bad idea. Although let's just hope that this ass would cooperate and would actually say something appropriate.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Zach Austin," he answered right away.

Maybe he would be actually normal and concentrate with what we are suppose to do.

"What's your number?" He asked while smirking.

"What?"

"Uh-uh, my turn. Now answer."

"That's not even-"

"No. It's a question and you're being unfair," he said cutting me off in a sing-song.

I groaned and he gave me an innocent look. Which is adorable but he's an ass. "Give me a paper."

He smirked at me and then took out his phone, handing it to me.

"I said paper."

"Just take type it, Alex," he urged impatiently.

I sighed in annoyance and gave in. I took his phone and typed my number. I gave it back to him only to be greeted by his annoying smirk on his handsome face. If only he's not a jerk.

"Next question!" He exclaimed making the class turn to us.

"Shut your lips!"

"Only if you put your's against it," he teased suggestively.

"Yeah, sure, how 'bout never?" I asked sarcastically. I hope that my blush is not that evident.

"You had me going there. You can be so mean," he pouted. That only made him cute! Ugh!

"You're an ass," I stated with finality.

"Badass I would prefer more."

"No not really."

"Okay, but you have an amazing ass," he said while looking at my ass.

My eyes widen. For some reason I blushed. No, not blush! I was red with anger! Yeah, keep telling yourself that, my annoying mind said. I slapped his arm as hard as I could. Pain showed on his face but of course he just have to laugh. "You're a pervert!" I hissed at him.

"No," he said while shaking his head, "I'm a guy. And that slap is one mean badass slap." He's now rubbing his arm which made me smile in victory. "That really hurts."

"Stop whining, baby," I teased. But I'm still annoyed.

His eyes widen in mock shock. "That's sweet! But fast. We now have cheesy nicknames for one another, babe," He smirked.

"God! How I wish I can remove that annoying smirk off of your handsome face!" I said out loud. His eyes widen. And I realized what I said. I blushed immediately.

He laughed. "You look so cute when you blush, babe."

"I hate you."

"I love you. And your pretty blush. It makes you hotter," he winked.

I blushed even more causing him to chuckle.

"You like pissing off people, don't you?"

"Depends on who. But I also like making hot girls blush."

Forcing the blush to stop growing I tried to cover it with anger. "You are so annoying! I pity your parents!"

With that said his eyes turned dark. His face harden. He didn't say anything. He's face is expressionless. I suddenly thought if I hit a sensitive part there.

"Zach, I-"

"Just shut up and don't talk to me," he hissed at me.

He's actually scary. I suddenly felt bad.

"Zach-"

The bell rang cutting me off again. He stood up and left.

I feel so guilty. I shouldn't have said it. I judged him so quickly.

The rest of the day went by fast. I have 3rd and last period with Zach. He avoided me all through out the day. During lunch time I bonded with Lin, Shay, Crystal, Drew, and Justin. But I feel so down. I need to apologize. But every time I would try and talk to him or even go close to him he would either give me a glare that could kill or just walk away. But I'm also curious. What happened to him that made him so mad? What happened to his past?