Chapter 24

WARNING: Secret ahead =)

Chapter 24

It's been 2 weeks since we got back from Christmas break. And I haven't seen Zach. I don't know why but I'm still longing for him. I hate this.

Chase was like my tail. Wherever I go he's always by my side. And if we have the same class he would sit beside me. I love this boy. Honestly I do. But him following me around is ticking me off.

"Chase! Stop following me," I groaned.

"Why? Is this annoying you?"

"Yes."

He pouted. "That hurts."

"I'm sorry, Chase. But you're like a dog following me around."

"I'm just keeping you company, Alex."

"You're following me around."

"Okay, maybe I am."

"Stop," I said then walked away.

Maybe I was being harsh but what the hell I am still not feeling well, I feel crap and my heart is torn to pieces.

As I walked to lunch I can still feel someone following me.

"Chase!" I hissed.

He chuckled then swung his arm on my shoulder. "Oh, come on, babe. Just admit that you love my company."

"I do. But you always following me is sickening."

"Sorry. But I have to."

"Have to? Why?"

"Nothing. Let's get lunch," he pulled my hand towards the cafeteria.

I actually let him pull me. But I am not letting him off that easily. As we sat on the table I eye him suspiciously as he ate his burger.

"Why are you eye raping me?" he teased

"I am not eye raping you," I argued.

He laughed. "I know."

"Why are you following me?"

"Really? Can't a friend keep a friend company?"

"No. But you're following me like a guard dog."

He sighed. "I was just helping."

"Who?"

"You," he lied.

Hell, he is lying!

"You can't fool me, Chase."

"I'm not fooling you."

Another lie!

"Chase," I grabbed hold of his hand and started to get my grip tighter.

His mouth formed into a shape of an 'o' as my grip gets tighter and tighter.

"Zach! Zach! Zach!"

I knew I'll get it out of him.

"Wait what?"

"Zach. He asked me to take care of you and keep an eye on you at all times."

"Why would he care?" I spat.

He sighed and ran his hand to his hair. "He always care about you, Alex. You're his princess."

"Not anymore."

"Zach is stupid. But he's doing this for a reason."

"And that is?"

"It's not my place to tell."

"Does our break up has something to do with his secret?"

"Yes. Wait? You know that there's a secret?"

I nodded my head. "Well, he didn't say it was secret. I just felt and analyze things. What is, Chase?"

"I'm sorry, Alex. But I can't tell you. It's Zach's secret. Not mine."

"Is he cheating on me?" I whispered.

He snorted. "Hell, no. You got that guy around your finger even before you dated."

"Then why did he broke up with me?" I asked, anger swelling inside me.

What the hell is that secret?

"Because he cares about you."

-*-*-*-

All through out the day things were flying in my head as I thought of what Zach's secret is. I even pass through vampires and stuffs. I actually managed to get Chase off my back after lunch. I think he was so close into telling me what the secret is.

Before I could even comprehend what I was doing I was ringing the doorbell of the house of no other than my ex boyfriend, Zach.

After ten counts nobody answered that's when I felt the urge of backing out. As I was about to turn back the front door opened with a sad looking Alec.

"Hey, Alec," I greeted him.

"Hi, Alex! Come in," he said with his mood lightening a bit.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" I heard Ali scream.

"Just leave me alone!" Zach answered back.

Okay, maybe this is a wrong timing.

"I can't. You're my brother, Zach! And even if you make mistakes I love you."

"I love you too, Ali. But this is my decision."

How I wish I could hear him say those four words to me.

"You're making another wrong decision here. You just let go of the biggest and most amazing thing that has ever happened to your life. You let Alex slip away from your fingers. You can't make another mistake like that."

By this time I was doing those circles on my arms. Yes, I do it. It comforts me a little.

"You know I can't hurt Alex."

"But you did," I whispered.

"I know. But Zach she'll get hurt any other way. And what you chose will hurt her more."

"Not longer."

"Not longer?" Ali shouted again. "Are you kidding me? That girl loves you to death! You know she'd accept you no matter what."

"But she'll end up getting hurt!"

"We will all get hurt. But you didn't even tell her."

"I can't."

"Tell me what?" I asked.

They both turned at me. That's when I saw that Ali was crying and Zach looked horrible. He looks like he haven't slept for days. And he actually lost weight.

"What are you doing here?" he said with anger.

"Answer me first. Tell me what?"

"That's none of your business!"

"It is. It's my business, Zach, if that's the reason why we broke up and my heart is shattered."

Silence rule over us as Zach fought with his battle in his brain mentally.

"Tell her, Zach," Ali said then she walked out with Alec.

Zach groaned then sat on the couch.

"Zach-"

"You want to know?" he spat.

I nodded my head.

What? He'll say he was just playing with me. Or he's cheating on me?

"I can't be selfish with you. And when I asked you to be my girlfriend that was my selfish part. I wanted to be with you. I didn't care about the risks or what I'm putting you into to. I just cared about you being mine and me being happy."

"I was happy too."

He shook his head. "Maybe at the beginning. But if we continue this it's just going to be heartache and pain for us. We can't be together."

"I don't understand," I told him as tears started to fall from my eyes.

"You're an amazing girl. You made me happy, smile and laugh again. You're so forgiving. And your smile and laughter just brightens up everything. You deserve someone who would make you feel those things that you made me feel."

"You make me feel those thing too."

"You deserve a guy who would stay with you. Who would hug you when you need it. Who would kiss you everyday. And just give happiness. I'm the guy who would give you pain and sadness."

"No you're not. You made me so happy."

"You made me forget what I have."

"What?"

"You made me forget that I was dying."

That's when I felt everything stopped. My knees started to buckle and tears just streamed down my eyes continuously.

Zach looked at me with so much pain. He stood up and held me in his arms.

"I'm sorry."

He pulled away a little just so he could see my face with his arms still around me.

He smiled at me weakly. "I'm so sorry, princess."

"I love you."

A single tear fell from his eyes which I kissed away. "You know I can't say that even if I do."

"I don't care. I love you, Zach. I don't care if you're dying. We could find some way."

-*-*-*-

I lay on the bed with Zach beside me. His hand was on mine and the other was snuggling on my waist pulling me closer to him. I was still crying but I did it as discreet as possible.

"That day at the beach, I was suppose to leave and never come back. But then we kissed. And when I saw you sleeping beside me I just thought I can't leave this beautiful girl."

I sobbed. "You made the right decision."

"Did I? Then why are you crying?"

"You just told me you have cancer and a surgery can't do it because you'll end up paralyze and for years you have been a complete stuck up jerk and didn't receive treatments."

He laughed. HE ACTUALLY LAUGHED.

"When I was dating you I was receiving treatments."

"You were?"

"Well, no. Because I was receiving treatments when I knew that I want you to be mine."

"And that is?"

"When we raced."

"You liked me since that day?"

"Yes. And I'll fight this for you."

I looked at him and saw that he was sincere.

"Good because I can't afford you being gone."

-*-*-*-

When I got home I cried. But that's when I told myself that he was going to fight this. And as he fight this I'll stay by his side.

I went to my desk and started to do researches. It turns out Zach has stage 3 Spinal tumor. The doctors can't take it out because it could paralyze him or worse take his life away. And Zach was being a bitch and didn't receive a treatment for 2 years.

"Stupid."

After I logged off I went to bed and saw that I have a text.

From: Prince Zachy <3

I don't know why you stay with me. And even worse, you took me back. Thank you, Alex. I'll fight this for you, princess. Xx

I smiled at the text but a tears fell.

To:Prince Zachy <3

I love you, Zach.

Not long enough I got another text.

From: Prince Zachy <3

Please don't give up on me.

I didn't reply back because in really need sleep. But I know that I won't give up on him no matter what.

-*-*-*-

SECRET IS OUT. LOL SORRY IF YOU HATE IT :(

I LOVE HAPPY ENDINGS ;) *hint*

We haven't reached the half of it yet. So stay tuned!!

Comment? Vote? Promote? Follow?

Did you see this coming?

Don't worry I love Zach. And I love ZALEX.

School is starting tomorrow :( BOO. So I might update at least one or twice every week. Sorry!

I love you all!

Always smile!

Xx