Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Zach's P.O.V.

Monday came and I was seated on the couch at Dr. Smith's office. I was done with all the medical exams and I was just waiting for the results. The thing is, when I talked to Dr. Smith he told me that there was a huge possibility that the tumor may have come back. So right now I was shitting bricks just to get this over with.

Dr. Smith came in with the exam results in hand. He had his serious face on as he sat on the chair. Then he gave me a sympathetic look.

That's when my heart broke. That was the same look he gave me when he told me that I had cancer. The same look he gave me when he told me that there was nothing he can do. The same look he gave me when I held Alex as she cried when Dr. Smith told her that I only have a few months left.

"Zach, I am very sorry to say..." he trailed off.

What the hell does he want?

"That I wouldn't be seeing you for a long time."

What?

"It seems like you are really 100% cancer free," he said with a huge grin now plastered on his face.

I looked at him with pure horror. What the hell is he playing at? Why does he need to give me those looks just to scare me.

"Fuck you."

His smile was replaced with a taken aback look.

"Excuse me?" he said.

"I said fuck you. How dare you do that? Did you know that I thought I would have to say good bye all over again. What the hell was that for?" I practically screamed at him.

"I am very sorry, Zach. I didn't know that you would feel that way."

"Of course I'll feel that way! I had cancer for 2 fucking years! And I thought I was going to die. But for some weird way I was cured. And I have more time with Alex. Then here you go, making me think that I was going to die again. So fuck you!" I stood up with my blood boiling.

I walked towards his door leaving Dr. Smith speechless. As the door slammed shut when I was out a thought came to my mind. I opened his door again and saw my startled doctor.

"By the way. Thank you."

And that's when I fully left the hospital.

No wonder why Alex thinks I'm bipolar.

-*-*-*-

Since the examinations took almost all my time the only time I have left for school was half an hour of the last subject so I figured that there's no point in attending anymore.

I parked my car beside Alex's Porsche as I waited for a specific gray eyed blonde. I went out and started to play with my phone. With all my patience consumed I heard the bell rang and soon enough students were cramming the parking lot. I placed my phone in my pocket and waited for my girlfriend. Soon enough I spotted the blonde.

She was wearing a white shirt with her simple gray ripped jeans and a pair of high cut Nike. Her bag was sloppily slung on her shoulder as her wavy blonde locks was tied on a messy bun. The cute thing is she was wearing her nerdy glasses. Soon enough her gray eyes made contact with mine. A smile made it's way on her pink full lips.

Wait until my lips meet those.

She made her way towards me. Believe me I wanted to meet her halfway but I chose to stay were I was. I leaned on my car as I waited for her. She rolled her eyes as if knowing my agenda.

"You lazy ass," she said as she reached me.

"That I am. Missed me?" I asked cockily.

"Mm, no."

I smirked and pecked her lips, "I love your glasses."

She blushed wildly as her hand automatically made it's way to the glasses to remove them but I stopped her hands.

"No. I like them."

"It's humiliating!" she argued.

"Why? It looks so cute."

She rolled her eyes. "No it's not."

"Yes it is."

Just when she was about to reply an arm was slung on my shoulder.

"So what do you say about a party?" Chase asked me with his mischievous smile.

"Party?"

Don't get me wrong. I love parties. But I haven't gone to one for a long time.

"Yes party. Your first party ever since..." he trailed off.

"Ever since the cancer thing?"

I didn't need any confirmation of who was that ass who said it.

"Yes."

Henry smirked at me as he made his way towards us.

"Thought so. That is why I personally think that you should come to the party."

I rolled my eyes and completely ignored him because I felt Alex's hand as soon as my hand formed a fist.

"Oh, cancer boy giving me the cold shoulder?"

"Henry, shut up," Alex snapped.

Henry howled in laughter. "Oh come on, babe."

"You better fucking close that-"

I was cut off by a hand. I glared at the person who cupped my mouth but she glared at me too.

"Let's go. I missed you," Alex said sweetly.

She slowly took off her hand and pulled me towards her car.

"Follow me home?" she asked.

"You are so lucky."

She rolled her eyes and went in her car. Soon enough I followed her but not after I gave Henry my deadliest look.

"See you later, cancer boy."

Oh you'll see me later.

-*-*-*-

"You don't want to come?"

She sighed and placed down her book.

"No I don't," Alex repeated for the enth time.

"But who am I going with?" I asked.

"Zach, everyone is going. Chase will be there. The girls and guys will be there."

"Why don't you wanna come?"

"Because I'm lazy."

"Then I'll stay with you."

She smiled at me but she had this determined look on her face. "I know you want to go to this party. I mean you are Zach. I bet you party every week before-"

"Actually almost everyday," I corrected her.

She rolled her eyes. "Okay. You party everyday before. And now the last time you went to a party is back when I fucking hate you."

I chuckled and sat on her bed. "That was before."

"You're so clingy."

I huffed and stood up. "Fine I'm going."

"Zach, you know-"

I didn't let her finish as I already went out of her room and shut the door at her mid sentence.

Clingy?!

-*-*-*-

Chase's face turned from 'I'm listening to you' to 'I'm trying not to laugh'.

"You find this funny?" I snapped.

He shook his head but later on a huge grin broke out his face. "No. I don't find it funn-"

He was cut off by a round of laughters which is caused by himself.

I watched him until he was clutching his stomach with his eyes closed.

"Yeah, I'm glad you find this amusing."

He sobered up and nodded his head. "Hey, what are friends are for?"

"But I'm being serious, Chase."

"I know. But you are too sensitive. I mean she just said you we're being clingy."

"Am I clingy?" I exclaimed.

He was thinking for an answer for a few minutes before he nodded his head.

"You thought about it for awhile. That counts as an uncertainty."

"No," he declared. "I was thinking wether you'll kill me if I say yes."

"You shithole," I muttered.

"Shithole. See? You're already picking up some lines of Alex!"

"But that's because she's my girlfriend."

"I know. But," he sighed in defeat. "Who were you with all week?"

"Alex."

No doubt there.

"Last week?"

"Alex."

"See?"

I groaned. "I have become a starfish."

"Got that right."

I glared at him but my idiot of a best friend simply smirked at me.

"What to do?"

"Make her miss you. Don't make the first move for the whole week and see how that goes," he suggested.

"I don't know if-"

"You can do this, lover boy," he cooed.

"Fuck you."

"Gladly! Which reminds me! We're at a party in some room. People might think you're bisexual and is hooking up with me."

I smacked the back of his head. "You dumb head. People would also think about you like that, ass."

His eyes widen as he quickly stood up and rushed to the door. "Remember. Tonight you are having fun!"

-*-*-*-

OTHER CHAPTERS WILL BE IN ZACH'S POV AND WILL BE BACK TO ALEX'S IF I SAY SO ;)

I don't know if this is short! But this is just a filler chapter. And I'm freaking late for school. Hehe.

Not yet edited :(

Comment? Vote? Follow? Thank you!!

Love you!

Always smile!

Xx