Chapter 44

Chapter 44

After I explained Alex's expression didn't change. She just sat in front of me with a blank look. Which is scaring the shit out of me. And the cold air didn't exactly help my nervousness.

"Say something," I managed to say.

"What am I suppose to say?" she asked.

Well, that caught me off guard.

"Alex, I told you everything. Nothing happened between Sam and I."

"I know. And I thank you for that. But the damage has already been done. It's over. At least we know now."

And just like that my heart is broken for the enth time and it's caused by just one amazing girl.

She stood up and started to leave but I stopped her. I held her wrist which made her wince a bit making me think if my grip was too hard. I removed my hand from her wrist afraid that I hurt her.

"Have you fell out of love with me?" I asked.

I don't care if this question will hurt me more. I have to know.

She remained quiet and for a minute I thought I saw an emotion. But it was just for a split second that I don't know if I'm right or wrong.

"Yes. I did."

Another crack in my shattered heart.

I sound like a girl but I don't really give a damn.

I stood closer to her and held her cheeks. "I promised myself that I'm not leaving until I get you back."

"Well, looks like you're stuck here."

Awch.

"Give me a chance."

She chuckled humorlessly. "A chance? As far as I can remember I gave you a lot of those and you just managed to blew it."

"This time I mean it."

"No."

"Then let me just make you fall back in love with me. Because technically i haven't fallen out of love with you."

-*-*-*-

The next morning I actually managed to almost burn the beach house down. I decided to make Alex breakfast since we're technically neighbors. But being my stupid self, I burned the pancakes and soon everything was on fire. Kinda exaggerating here.

So I did the next thing possible: I drove to McDonald's. And bad luck is really following me.

On my way there I crashed my car. Actually, I got hit by a dick. And I was driving my fucking Audi!

"Oh shit," the driver said. He's probably only 16 but I want to hit his face.

"Yeah. Oh shit! You bumped my car!"

"I'm really really sorry!" he looked like he was close to tears.

"You are so lucky, I'm in a hurry."

I sighed and rode my car and continued to drive.

Things I do just to get her back.

At McDonald's bad luck was still there. As I was walking towards the counter there was a slippery floor without any sign. So I managed to fell down sliding and hitting my head and arm in the process.

A waiter extended his hand and I took it. He pulled me up and gave me a sympathetic look.

"I could demand you guys for that," I snapped.

The manager who was at the counter paled.

I took deep breaths before walking to her and ordered. In just a few minutes I was walking out of McDonald's and driving my way back.

-*-*-*-

She was seated on the swing placed on their porch. Her short blonde hair was left down and wavy as she swung back and forth.

"Mind if I sit with you?" I asked.

She looked up. "What are you doing here?"

"Though I'd bring you breakfast."

I handed her the brown paper bag which consisted of pancakes and hot chocolate.

"And you managed to get a scraped arm and a bruised forehead?"

I blushed in embarrassment then scratched the back of my neck.

Alex shook her head and then took the brown bag and started eating.

To be honest I wasn't expecting that. I though she'll just leave it here to rot.

"Why are you eating it?" I asked.

"Well, since you put efforts I should actually make your efforts worth it."

"Thanks."

We sat there in silence. Soon enough I saw Alex placed down her fork and knife then kept the pancakes again. She only ate half of the pancake.

"Why didn't you finish it?"

"I already ate breakfast," she answered.

"Oh."

I moved a bit then I felt a sharp pain to my arm.

Alex looked at my arm and so did I. It was red and very disgusting to look at because it was bleeding.

Alex stood up and went in the house. I decided to leave since I thought se walked out on me, but soon she went out holding a white bag. She sat closer to me this time. She opened a bag and soon enough I felt her clean my wounds. All too soon she was done. She wasn't touching me anymore. She wasn't seating close to me. But my heart is still beating fast.

"Thank you."

She nodded then handed me a cold compress. Being my stupid self, I iust stared at her.

"Put it on your bruise, dunmy."

I placed the ice pack on my forehead and stared at her gray orbs.

"What are you doing here?"

My head snapped to the direction where the voice came from. On the steps of the porch a man, wearing a simple white shirt and jeans, stood in front of us.

"Mr. Grey," I muttered.

"Damn right. Now why are you here, dickhead?"

I deserve that.

"I just came to give Alex breakfast, sir."

"Now, you have accomplished that, you can leave," he snarled.

He's angry.

Of course he is! I fucking hurt his daughter.

I stood up and gave a small goodbye to him and Alex but neither of them returned it. And there I started to walk home.

-*-*-*-

"Am I being stupid?" I asked Chase.

He sighed and just shrugged his shoulders.

"Mate," I groaned.

"I don't really know, Zach. I get that you love Alex but please don't go to the extremes and starts to act like a stalker or a possessive ex."

I won't be like that.

"That's not going to happen."

"I care about you and Alex, mate. I just don't want the two of you getting hurt over and over again."

"But seeing her and not being mine hurts more than all of the pain that I have felt when we were together."

-*-*-*-

Sorry for the freaking LAAAATTTEEEEE update!!!

Vote? Comment? Follow?

Thank you :)

Always smile :)

Xx