Chapter 51

Chapter 51

Zach's P.O.V.

I woke up with a weight on my chest. Like literally. I looked and saw Alex curled like a ball with her head resting on my chest and her arms hugging me. I pulled her closer to me and kissed her forehead.

"Wake me up before 8," I remembered.

I grabbed my phone from the table.The time read 7:39. I slightly shook Alex to wake her up.

"Princess, wake up," I chuckled.

She groaned making me chuckle some more.

"Alex, you told me to wake you up before 8," I cooed.

"Z-zach," she murmured with her eyes tightly closed. "It hurts."

My heart widely beats on my chest. "What hurts?" I asked immediately.

"E-evry- tthing," she choke.

I don't know how I did it but all I know now is that I'm holding her and running downstairs.

Mr. Grey was right behind me. Soon enough I was seated on the backseat of their car with Mr. Grey driving. Alex's head lay on my lap and her whole body occupying the whole seat. I was looking at her and she was doing the same.

"Keep you eyes open, okay?" I murmured.

She slightly moved her head to nod.

I leaned and kissed her forehead. She's burning.

I saw her eyes slightly close making me shake her a bit.

"Lex, don't close you eyes."

She opened her eyes but not as wide as before. "I-I'm ttired."

"You'll sleep later. Just don't close you eyes yet," I cooed.

"Keep her awake, Zach," Mr. Grey said.

"Z-zach, just o-one m-m-minute."

"No. Don't close your eyes. Just look at me," I said. My hands were now place on the both sides of her cheeks.

"I-I lllove y-y-you."

"No no. Alex, open your eyes."

But I know she isn't listening anymore. Her eyes continued to close.

"I love you too," I muttered. "Please don't close your eyes."

But she did.

"Please drive faster!"

-*-*-*-

Mr. Grey and I sat quietly. I was shaking my knees continuously. What's taking so long? We've been waiting for hours!

"Thank you."

My head turned to Mr. Grey who was looking at me.

"Sir?"

"Thank you for being there for Alex. For loving her and actually giving her happiness. When I wasn't there you were there," he said.

"Mr. Grey, I don't think I did a great job," I said while shaking my head.

He placed his hand on my shoulder. "You did. When you were together I saw my daughter smile and hear her laugh again." He smiled sadly. "And call me Adrian," he added.

I chuckled and nodded my head.

"Mr. Grey?"

Both of our heads turned towards Dr. Smith. His face was emotionless.

Both of us stood up from our seat and approached Dr.Smith. Dr.Smith gave me a glance.

"It's okay. He's part of the family," Adrian said.

I smiled lightly.

"Well, Alex is okay. She's resting now."

Thank you, God!

"Can we see her?"

"Yes, you can. Although she's asleep and I suggest that you'd let her get all the rest she can get," Dr.Smith said. "The reason for this attack is lost of energy. She was drained."

I shook my head and looked at the ground. A day of happiness and fun got us into a day of guilt and misery.

I felt Adrian tap my back in comfort as we watched Dr.Smith leave after giving us instructions and excusing himself.

-*-*-*-

I was seated on the couch beside her bed. My head hurts and I need sleep but I can't get myself to sleep.

"Go to rest, Zach," said Adrian.

I shook my head and just continued staring at Alex, just waiting for her to wake up.

"Zach, it's okay. She's asleep. She'll wake you up when she's awake."

"It's okay, sir."

-*-*-*-

I did managed to fall into sleep. I don't know how but I remember waking up. Well, now I can see how fucking tired I am.

Alex was still asleep. I want her to wake up. I leaned and kissed her forehead while connecting my fingers with her.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"I should have known you capacity and didn't put that much activity in a day."

"It's not your fault."

I brought my eyes to her and connected my blue eyes to her gray ones.

"Hey," I said stupidly.

"Hey. It's not your fault," she repeated.

"But-"

"No buts. The only thing you did was give me the best 24 hours in my life," she smiled weakly.

"I love you," I whispered.

"Time's up."

I shook my head. "I can't leave. Please understand that I want to spend eery minute I can with you. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. When all of this is over, I'll find a way to get myself into one piece."

Her eyes closed as she took deep breaths.

"I've been stupid," she whispered. "I shouldn't have pushed you away. It's just that all my life I've been pushing people away and with you... I was just so open. I was scared. I was afraid to look at you when I'm pain because I hated how much emotions you have in your eyes."

"Just let me be with you, princess. Then let's just figure this shit out," I said with a chuckle.

She laughed a bit and nodded my head. "I love you, Zach."

"I'm glad you love me again," I joked.

"I never stopped loving you."

-*-*-*-

Alex's a sleep again. After countless of catching up (a bit of making out) with each other, she was drained. I sat on the couch and just stared at her.

She's my princess. All I wanted to do was hug her and just protect her from anything that could hurt her. But here I am staring at her, knowing that she's in pain and I couldn't do anything about it.

It hurts. She was able to keep me alive and strong when I was in this position. And now, when it's her turn I couldn't even make it up to her.

I leaned and kissed her forehead. There were drops of sweat but her skin was cold.

"I love you."

When I sat back on my chair the door opened and in came Chase. He greeted me and then sat on the other couch. We both stayed quiet.

She moved her arms a bit making her blanket fall off. I went towards her and brought up the blanket.

Her eyes opened and she just stared at me.

"Good morning," I teased.

But she didn't respond.

She just stared.

Soon enough I heard a long beep. Her heart monitor. I panicked. My hands immediately went to her heart and I started to pump, giving her a CPR.

"Chase! Call the doctors!" I yelled.

Before my sentence was even finished he was already out of the door.

Soon enough I felt someone wrap her arms around me and asked me to say back. I couldn't see Alex anymore. They surrounded her. I felt like I was in movie where doctors tried to survive the patient.

"Sir, you can't be here."

"Clear."

"Just fucking help!" I snapped. "Save my girlfriend."

The nurse was shocked but she quickly moved towards Alex.

It was noisy. Voices were everywhere. The beep was still there.

-*-*-*-

Not edited :)

Thank you for the reads, votes, comments, messages and follow!!

Vote? Comment? Follow?

Love you all!

Always smile :)

Xx