Epilogue

Epilogue

Throw

Donate

Keep

We've been cleaning in Alex's room for hours now! We couldn't decide wether to keep, donate or throw.

"Okay, we can't be attached with material things. Even without all of these we can still remember Alex. She'll forever be in our heart," Jake announced.

I sighed and placed a shirt in the donate box.

"Come on, guys. Let's get to work."

A few more hours later we were done.

"Can we keep one shirt each?" Lin asked.

We all looked at her. Then they looked at me. Then to Jake.

Jake nodded his head and we all went towards the donate box.

As they get shirts I sat on her bed. I remember seeing her in this bed so weak, tired and in pain. I may not see her anymore and that hurts like shit but seeing her in pain is more painful.

I know Alex wanted to die. I understand. I had cancer so I know what if feels like. It was like it was killing you over and over again.

"Zach? Are you going to get a shirt?" Chase asked while holding one of Alex's shirt.

I stood up from the bed and went towards the box. It didn't take me that long to get the shirt because I knew what I was looking for.

When I took the shirt out Jake chuckled at the sight of it.

"She loves Mickey Mouse so much," he said.

I chuckled and nodded my head. "Yeah. I remember the first time I saw her she was wearing this with a Nike high cut with a Mickey Mouse design."

"She wasn't wearing that the first day," Lin said while shaking her head. "It was a gray shirt and a floral shots. I can't be wrong because that's the reason why she caught my attention."

"Yeah. I didn't first see her at school. I saw her at the airport."

"Oh, so that's why she was in a bad mood," Jake teased.

We all laughed at that but our laughs were empty.

-*-*-*-

We all ate dinner at my house. But our food was untouched. No one wants to eat. Silence just ruled in the whole house.

Lin sighed breaking the silence and then took a bite at her salad.

We all followed after that.

"She'd hate to see this," she said.

"We promised her we'll be fine," Jake said.

As much as it hurts we did promise her.

"Well, she can't expect us to be all jolly again," Chase countered.

I nodded my head. "But we have to move on."

Everybody looked at me in pure shock. I know they were not expecting me to say those words.

"Look at us. We have to get back to our lives," I said, "Jake, you're suppose to be on tour doing all the rockstar thingy. Lin, you have a scholarship in NYU and a student internship at some great fashion company. Chase, you want to be an architect, right? Go back to Italy! Justin, well go find a job."

We all laughed at that while Justin flipped me the finger.

"Drew and Liam you're in a university. It's for your future. And Shay and Crystal you have to go back to Australia. That's what you wanted ever since right?"

They nodded her head.

All of our eyes were brimming with tears.

"Our lives doesn't stop right here. I know we love Alex but she'll always be in our hearts. She's not gone. She's just resting now. No more cancer and no more pain. She's just here probably seating somewhere and eating a cooking dough ice cream."

They all chuckled and nodded their heads.

"What about you, Zach?" Jake asked.

"I'm going away for awhile," I said.

They all shot me a confused look.

"Lex and I finished her bucketlist but there is one thing we weren't able to cross out. Travel the world. And I'm going to accomplish that for her," I explained.

"What about Cali and film school?"

"I'm not going back. I think I'm going to NYU instead. And I'll get back to college when all I'm done traveling." I smiled.

"So you're leaving this place?" Lin asked.

I shook my head. "No. Like what Alex told me before I can't just leave a place where all my memories are. All my memories are here, good or bad they're still memories I don't want to forget."

-*-*-*-

Ali hugged me like it was the last time she'll ever see me again.

"Ali," I groaned. "I'll be back soon. I'll be here for her birthday."

She pulled away with a sigh. "I know. I'll just miss you."

"Bullshit. You're just afraid of what I'll do."

She bit her lip in guilt.

I shook my head and placed my hands on her shoulder. "I'll be fine. I want to live. Live the life Alex wasn't able to live."

She nodded her head and kissed my cheeks. "I want gifts."

I laughed and nodded my head.

I heard my call and and said one last goodbye to my sister.

-*-*-*-

We were taking off. I was leaving London again. But the difference from last time was, I wasn't leaving something behind.

I know she's with me. She's in my heart forever.

"She's beautiful," the old man beside me said while looking at the picture of Alex in my hand.

"I know." I smiled.

"Is she your wife?" he asked.

I shook my head. "She's my girlfriend?"

"Well, where is she? If I were I wouldn't leave a beautiful girl alone," he said while looking around.

"She's in heaven."

The smile on his face wavered.

"I'm sorry."

I chuckled. "It's okay. She's in peace now. Better than seeing her in pain."

A smiled formed on his lips. "Ah. I remember when my wife died. The pain was horrible but you can't deny the relief. Seeing her in pain was so painful that I started to wish that God would take her."

I nodded my head and sighed. "I miss her though."

"She'd be happy to see you so strong."

Yes, I know she is.

-*-*-*-

5 months later

"Zach!" A shriek cane once I stepped in the diner.

Soon enough I felt a someone wrap her arms around me.

"Ow, Ali. You're crushing me!"

She giggled and then released me. "Sorry. I miss my baby bro."

I groaned but hugged her.

"My turn!"

I chuckled and then hugged Alec.

"I missed you, buddy," I said.

He pulled away with a toothy grin on his face. "I missed you too, uncle Zach! When you were traveling I learned how to ride the bike!"

"Really? That's amazing!"

-*-*-*-

After lunch with Ali and Alec I went straight to the cemetery.

I dreamt about this. I dreamt about visiting Alex but in that dream I was in pain. It's not that I'm not in pain, but my feelings is mixed with relief.

I sat down in front of her tombstone and placed the blue rose.

"Hey," I said.

"Last time I did this was when we were at California. I miss you. I'm keeping my promise, Alex. I hope I'm not failing you."

I continued to talk to her. Telling her all of the adventures I've done while I was traveling. It was nearly sunset when I decided to go.

I stood up and closed my eyes. I imagined her standing in front of me.

"Happy birthday, princess," I said with my eyes still closed. "I love you."

-*-*-*-

I decided to leave my car at the cemetery and just walk. I honestly didn't know where I was going but I ended up seeing myself standing by the cliff.

Our first official date happened here. I asked her to be my girlfriend here. I broke my walls here.

I wish this is all a dream. I wish that one day I'll wake up and see her beside me. But it's not a dream this is a reality.

One day I'll be with her but I promised that I'll be old. And I'm keeping that promise.

I know Alex wants me to open my heart again but I can't. I don't even know if I can find another girl better than Alex. I don't know it's possible to find someone better when you already found the best. But I'll try.

I sat down and just thought about everything that has happened to my life with my hands on the ring that I gave her.

The first time I saw her here face was pale but her cheeks were tainted red from the cold. I knew that time she was it. The girl who could possibly make me feel so alive. And she did.

Love is stronger than death. I believe that, because even though I can't see her anymore I still love her. Alex being dead doesnt mean my love for her dying. I know I will love her forever and ever even until the day that I will be reunited with her.

-The end-

-*-*-*-

IM DONE!

I'm sorry I didn't bring Alex back but the whole point of this story is endless love. Even with death love is present.

Thank you so much for reading this story! Thank you so much for all the encouragements!

Just a trivia: this story is actually a dare and I was suppose to delete it...but then people were commenting soo yeah!

Thank you sooooo much! 1 MILLION FUCKING READS!

Oh and I'm editing this! lol :)

So guys do you want a bonus chapter? And another question...Jake and Lin story or another dramatic story?

Vote? Comment? Follow?

I love you all!

Always smile!

Xx